Pricewatch!

On my side it's about 11€ if you get the game and all three DLC.
Means guys, buy it if you haven't yet!

Risen2, this one on Steam, is nohow connected to Origin and so you don't have to install Origin malware to play it. Dunno if it's possible to buy only DLC and integrate it with Origin version.

Risen 2 is a Steamworks game. Origin came later. Maybe you can enter your Origin code into Steam ?

You saying Origin is not as bad as we all think? It's just slightly less evil. ;)

All over Risen2 when i get home

Now what is up with them trying to peddle Warz renamed as Infestation?
The steam forums are blowing up over that one.

This weeks Humble Bundle has Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP and Indie Game: The Movie, plus a bunch of related music.

Humble Bundle

Ah so Infestation is the name that War Z changed to. Yeah I'd avoid that game like...well...the plague. Not only is the game itself supposed to be atrocious, but the developers are supposed to be quite dishonest as well. It's generally accepted that they changed the name of their game (from War Z) in order to fool people into thinking it's a different game from the one that got shamed by reviewers everywhere.

Err don't waste your money on Infestation:

It's kind of universally panned as shit. And also the developers sound a little... maybe not entirely in love with truth in advertising.

So today's steam sales of interest would probably be:

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition @ 75% off ($4.99)
Skyrim: Legendary Edition back at @40% off ($34.99)

Given that the compilation version of Skyrim just came out recently, those wanting impressive discounts might be better advised to wait for the Holiday sale. Going by how Fallout 3 and Fallout NV compilations went, it'll probably be 20 USD or less during that sale at some point.

Also Metro games and Civ 5 are on daily deals today:

Metro: 2033 @ 75% off ($3.74)
Metro: Last Light @ 40% off ($29.99)
Metro Franchise Pack featuring both of the above plus two Last Light DLC ($35.99)
Civ 5 @ 75% off ($4.99)
Civ 5 Gold (Game plus All DLC except Brave New World) @75% off ($12.49)

Ah so Infestation is the name that War Z changed to. Yeah I'd avoid that game like…well…the plague. Not only is the game itself supposed to be atrocious, but the developers are supposed to be quite dishonest as well. It's generally accepted that they changed the name of their game (from War Z) in order to fool people into thinking it's a different game from the one that got shamed by reviewers everywhere.

And some reviewers also inferred that they called it The War Z in the first place to confuse people into thinking it was a stand alone version of the popular Arma II mod "Day Z" or related to the movie and book "World War Z." Both Paramount and the mod creator for the unrelated Day Z were rather annoyed with them over this.

Last edited:
Also Metro games and Civ 5 are on daily deals today:

Metro: 2033 @ 75% off ($3.74)
Metro: Last Light @ 40% off ($29.99)
Metro Franchise Pack featuring both of the above plus two Last Light DLC ($35.99)
Civ 5 @ 75% off ($4.99)
Civ 5 Gold (Game plus All DLC except Brave New World) @75% off ($12.49)

That's a really good deal for the Metro games, and I highly recommend them to anyone who likes first-person shooters with a strong setting and atmosphere. I just finished Metro 2033 for the second time, and now I'm playing Last Light. They're "must-play" games for fans of the genre imo.

You need a decent gaming rig to run them smoothly though. I'd say at least a Geforce 500 series graphics card and a quad-core CPU for Metro 2033, and a Geforce 600 series or higher for Last Light.

Final Fantasy 7 is 33% off ($8.03 USD) for five more hours. I'm surprised it's on sale already! It's topping the charts.

I have to say that I didn't actually buy much during the Steam sale, just a few odd little games. I suppose it just shows how few big name releases even remotely interest me these days, that I could so easily pass them up for the cost of a lunch out.

I have to say that I didn't actually buy much during the Steam sale, just a few odd little games. I suppose it just shows how few big name releases even remotely interest me these days, that I could so easily pass them up for the cost of a lunch out.

That or, more likely, you already own all games you're interested in :) At least that's my case.

I did buy a few titles but dunno when I'll play them. Dishonored for example.

It's the last day of summer sale on Steam and they've put the "most popular" titles again. So let's see which ones those are:
http://store.steampowered.com/

- Dishonored, $10 - as said bought it since I trust JDR's suggestion as he knows what I like/dislike
- Borderlands2, $10 - I really don't want to buy a game with neverending DLC milk scheme
- Civilization5, $7.5 - don't we all own this baby? If someone doesn't have it, I can only recommend buying it ASAP
- Chivalry, $6 - bah, not only I dunno what this game is about, can't remember anyone recommended it on this forum ever
- Torchlight2, $5 - another one we all probably have, for that price it would be a shame someone didn't grab it
- Kerbal, $14 - another one god only knows what is it about and based on what it's again on sale
- Tomb Raider, $12.5 - Square Enix thinks EA's way is the only correct way to do business, thus I'm not buying
- The Walking Dead, $6 - some say it's fun, some say only intro is fun, I say it ain't storydriven RPG so shove off
- Skyrim legendary edition, $36 - means it's cheaper than if you buy (no, I din't mean "bought") the core game and then all DLC, IMO a rude joke on all fans
- Bioshock3, $30 - the movie Titanic in the world of games, made to please the masses and earn even more with the latest milking fraud called "season pass", I may buy every single game in Steam catalog, but this one I'll never buy

But the story is not over.
Steam introduced some new feature called "trading cards". How does it work?
During this soonending event for every $10 (IIRC) you get a random event card. If you collect 10 different cards, you craft a badge, get some "XP" and your steam level goes up. Steam level, currently, means practically nothing.
Also in many games, you can collect cards linked specifically to those games. Just by playing them. In fact, cards drop based how much time games are running, so you start them, ALT+TAB, and then go spam here for an hour - you'll get three cards for sure. In any case, when you collect all different cards from a game, you may craft a badge, up your steam level, and get in the end - nothing.

What's good? You don't have to craft badges, you may sell cards instead. No, you can't buy a house with it, but eventually you can get enough for some cheap good old game.

What's bad? Every card trade "wins" a percentage for Steam. So if you sell for example a card for $0.09, buyer will pay $1.10 of which $0.02 goes to taxes (riiiiiight). A new level of microtransactions is born.

Don't hate Steam. This is just a testing phase since Verbraucherzentrale Bundesverband (one can only adore Merkel!) made a legal action against Steam's policy on reselling games (which is disallowed, once you buy a game on Steam, you can't sell it to another person and that ain't "compatible" with european laws).

Last edited:
That or, more likely, you already own all games you're interested in :) At least that's my case.

Well, there's some of that, but that only covers old games. I think it's more a case of the mainstream industry being a rotting undead behemoth devoid of any heart and soul. So, pretty much turning into the music industry. :p

Did not buy any full game from this sale - nothing interesting just the usual 'AAA' titles.

I only picked up very cheap full mission DLCs for Darksiders 2 and Sleeping Dogs (not silly armour and skins DLCs) to complete the collection.

I was waiting for Mortal Kombat Komplete edition sale but missed the flash sale (was sleep time in the UK!). Maybe next time.

I bought a few, and also took advantage of some Amazon matching (and then using my Amazon Visa got 3x rewards, which turn into real money on Amazon!) to grab Steam codes!

Just the dishonored DLC for me. Almost bit on XCOM, but considering it will probably sit on the shelf for ages, unplayed, I'll wait until a $5 sale. If it's more than a happy meal, I'll wait. ;)

Back
Top Bottom