BP Review in Rock Paper Shotgun

VET

Witcher
Here is a link to the classic review by Rock,Paper, Shotgun of the original bug-infested unpatched version of Boiling Point: Road to Hell.
Titled "Fixed: The Size of the Moon." lol. Lot of bugs were fixed by the European Retail patch, including the size of the moon, floating leopards, being able to demolish the police station with the crossbow, trading bugs, and awful vehicle controls. The bugs in the unpatched version were so fun, I even played BP unpatched once lol.
clicky!

Another review, very well written, is here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_boilingpoint_pc

Ha! Thanks for the great link VET. That's boiling point in a nut shell; some people love it, some hate it.

I haven't played it for years, but looking at those pics brought back some very happy memories. It's a game I'll always go back to for a unique experience.

oh

VET is Vals Evil Twin. I wonder if you remember me from the old (original) website for deep shadows? The one with ShadowMoses as the admin. You used a quote from one of my posts...ended with "ding dang ding!" in something else you did.

You're in Australia right?

Sorry for the necropost but cryengine1 takes up my time these days. Of course I remember you CC. They were the good old days. Also little fluffy clouds (lfc) and ShadowMoses.
The subject of Xenus I, II came up over at crymods.news forum so I am inspired to replay Boiling Point one more time, also ShadowMoses' Renegade Storm mod.

I remember couple of quotes from your posts:

"dagnab dag dig doong ding, i was hoping for a definitive date. great googily moogily. away!"

"i like to use the ini file to make my game take place in Europe. notice how i capitalized Europe correctly. it's a sign of quality."

"i fly blindfolded with my toes. no biggy."

Sorry for the necropost but cryengine1 takes up my time these days.

May I ask what you do with the Cryengine 1?

The subject of Xenus I, II came up over at crymods.news forum so I am inspired to replay Boiling Point one more time, also ShadowMoses' Renegade Storm mod.

So are you planning a Xenus remake with the Cryengine ;)?

Back
Top Bottom