Where's Alrik when you need him?
I don't speak German!

And I don't see any mention of preorder or a link to do that there.
So I'll wait till coach squeezes out some news on other languages later… ;)

P.S. I refuse to use google translate.

Where's Alrik when you need him?

And I don't see any mention of preorder or a link to do that there.
This might be related to the GOG news about Risen 1&2. There is a comment on their forums about 2 Pre-order RPGs to be announced shortly. Maybe this is one of them.

That page actually says very little about Risen 3 anyways. Here's a (crappy) translation….

Risen 3 is coming - and in PC Games 3/14, there's the first information and screenshots. We visited Piranha Bytes exclusive and reveal what Risen 2 against everything changes. Speaking of "change": the new PC games now includes standard two DVDs and a 16-page extra part. As a full version you can expect this time the action adventure Assassin's Creed! The new issue's from Wednesday at the newsagent!

Tell me what city a games studio is at home - and I 'll tell you how the offices look like: In Montreal , for example, one often sees former factories where many tons of steel and glass were installed between brick and brick walls. In the U.S., is almost always true in inconspicuous low-rise buildings in some faceless industrial parks , in Greater London and Singapore on the other hand, modern office palaces. Well, and then there's there's Piranha Bytes , the creators of Gothic and Risen . The live and develop in the Ruhr region , more precisely in Essen. In a normal house with garden - like fresh out of the home loan advertising. From the outside, no one would ever think that behind these walls creates a dark fantasy role-playing game of epic proportions . Well then, that Peter Bathge knows the exact address , for there he sees as the world's first editor , the new Piranha game Risen 3: Titan Lords. In the new PC Games 3/14 you see the first screenshots and learn a world exclusive, which compared to Risen 2 everything changes

So basically we wait a week or a bit more till the German subscribers get their early copies and then get the scans from WoR?

About time I covered this three times last year, and all they gave was hints that Deep Silver their publisher wasn't ready to announce anything. I'll keep my eye on this.o_O

Last edited:
Deep Silver... Or Sliver... :p may be secretive, but at least is not a letdown towards customers like DTP and JoWood.

Who's Deep Sliver? ;)

The publisher of Risen 2 and the next one apparently. Must be a boring day for you both. I can't wait to see more details as the second one felt like a step back not forward.

Before I get 20 replies of how great it is I still enjoyed playing the game.;)

Last edited:
From the cover image it looks like there are no pirates (thank god), and it looks like its going back to its Gothic and Risen 1 roots.

That was my thought as well after seeing the photo, but I hope they don't discard the pirate theme completely.

I'd like to see melee combat that's closer to what we had in Risen 1 but hopefully with an improved magic system to go with it. Not sure if they'll have firearms in this one, but they'll need an in-game reason if they don't.

I'd like to see melee combat that's closer to what we had in Risen 1 but hopefully with an improved magic system to go with it. Not sure if they'll have firearms in this one, but they'll need an in-game reason if they don't.

I have not yet played Risen 2, so don't know if it followed the story from Risen 1.

If it didn't, then Risen 3 might be the continuation of Risen 1 (with no firearms).

I also hope that they use and refine the combat of Risen 1, but then again PB tend to change their combat with every iteration.

Attention:

We've removed the links to the screenshots and artworks. They were leaked from a fellow site. Please do not repost links to these pictures on RPGWatch.

oh didnt knew, but werent millions of pics leaked for other games? so whats the problem :)

See the other thread.

Forget me saying something is not a letdown.

I adored every single PB game. I did.
And what do I get in return today? A bloody Sims3 renamed into Risen3, with the game core being DLC-o-rama.
Yes Risen2 had it's DLC share too, but did I ever say it's awsome thing to do towards your fans?

The only bigger letdown would be making Risen3 a phonegame. And now I expect to see that with Risen4.

I will not preorder a game that can't exist without DLC and possibly will never buy it. I'm obviously not the target audience anymore - this game is ment for ppl who bought Train Simulator.
Thankfully, today there are so many kickstarter projects to spend the money on. All without DLC.

As I understand it, Risen 3 will be the last in the Risen series?

I wonder if there's any possibility PB would reboot the Gothic series, since they got their license back (or am I wrong?). Maybe do a prequel to G1, and just keep the gameplay as the first two ones. Would be amazing.

Or are they starting another IP?

Back
Top Bottom