Ubisoft - Might and Magic 10 Teased - to be Revealed @ PAX East

aries100

SasqWatch
I would love this to be in the same style as the original series (well, 1-8 at least) but I have such low expectations. I can't see Ubisoft doing a first-person party based RPG these days.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting a pure action rpg with multiplayer, microtransactions, or some other abomination of the series' name.

The Might and Magic RPG series is without doubt my favourite of all. There has been thousands of hours devoted to playing every game in the series since it began.

If/when Ubisoft fuck this up like they did with Heroes then I will give up. I feel similar to Caidh, I don't hold out much hope and I am not expecting much at all. Surely, SURELY, they'll stick to core style of what made the game so great to begin with....won't they?

I expect this will be a Skyrim clone and not a real Might and Magic game.

Might and magic was my favorite rpgs of all time, I too hope it wont change to much from the other ones in the series.

I expect this will be a Skyrim clone and not a real Might and Magic game.

No, please, anything just not that!
As I couldn't bare another bug-o-rama.

Well, it makes sense. Ubi lacks a strong franchise in the RPG genre, yet the M&M brand ought to still have some leverage. It's their best chance to gain a foothold in fantasy role-playing, really.

Sadly, classic CRPG is certainly not going to be what they are looking for, here. Skyrim or DA might be their inspirations, if we are lucky...

Seeing the pictures of the evolution of the units in the official teaser site made me really sad,considering how Heroes of Might and Magic has ended up.
Oh,excuse me - ''Might and Magic Heroes VI''.
I really have very low expectations of this one cause i really don't want to be disappointed once again by one of my favorite franchises.

No, please, anything just not that!
As I couldn't bare another bug-o-rama.

I'm thinking your computer is in bad shape since the majority us don't cry about bugs like you. Either learn how to do it yourself or pay someone geez.

So what does this mean for the fan made game?

Bad enough that this series had to endure the abomination of MM9. Now it's going to be drug thru the coals again, because there's absolutely no way that Ubi gives us a first person blob RPG. No way. Very, very sad.

Well I'm curious at least - many ways this could go even if its easy to imagine many of them being not so good.

They seemed to give their blessing to the fan made game as long as they stopped calling it Might and Magic VI and noted it was not an official might and magic.

They changed the name to "Children of the Void: An unofficial Sequel to Might & Magic". There should be no problem there. At this point with the name change, even if Ubisoft changes their mind, they just need to remove "unofficial sequel to might and magic" from the title and just state that its a tribute to the series.

I'm thinking your computer is in bad shape since the majority us don't cry about bugs like you. Either learn how to do it yourself or pay someone geez.
OMG you're right!
That's all bloody nVidia's fault, it sux!
The first thing I'm gonna do in the morning is sue nVidia. Those bloody bastards must pay, how dare they to bug the most preciouss game evar!

OMG you're right!
That's all bloody nVidia's fault, it sux!
The first thing I'm gonna do in the morning is sue nVidia. Those bloody bastards must pay, how dare they to bug the most preciouss game evar!

I don't think you understand computers that well, if, over time you don't keep up to date on your system maintenance things generally go bad. Oh well, not sure you will figure it out since you seem unable to grasp this.

No one said the most precious game ever other then you, which is another one of your ridiculous posts.

I love Might and Magic. I hope this is a good game. Like the cynics I worry they might trying to do a skyrim clone. (After all both Witcher 3, and Dragon Age 3 seem to be shooting for Skyrim's success.)

I guess we will see. It'll help once we find out who the developer is.

I love Might and Magic. I hope this is a good game. Like the cynics I worry they might trying to do a skyrim clone. (After all both Witcher 3, and Dragon Age 3 seem to be shooting for Skyrim's success.)

I guess we will see. It'll help once we find out who the developer is.

I hope they don't just see open world as to why it was successful. It takes more then that.

Skyrim or DA might be their inspirations, if we are lucky…
Have to emphasize that. At best a mainstream RPG at worst they via kickstarter saw the market for selling games to gamers starving for oldschool RPGs and will try to make a quick buck like some of the kickstarters we've seen.

Maybe the success of Legend of Grimrock will encourage them to pursue first person party-style gameplay.

Hopefully they won't deviate too much from the usual formula, for example the XCOM FPS :shakefist:

I just finished Might and Magic 7 & 8 in a marathon (for me) play session that lasted about 2 months. MM8 was nothing like I remembered it. My first play through I was a little rushed and disappointed.

Flash Forward to today and I had a blast with both games. They were both still playable in the day of Skyrim (of which I loved). I hope they keep a lot of the same game dynamics (from M&M) but most important - they have to keep the FLY spell in the game. For me the loss of the Fly spell was what knocked MM9 down, not the bugs imo.

Just read the comments at Obsidian.

Very scary for this long term MM fan. Words like MMO or reboot or rebrand of a prior product . . . the horror. . . . . . . . . .

Back
Top Bottom