Paper Sorcerer Public Demo

RunawayDev

Traveler
Hi, RPGWatch did a news post about my game awhile ago, when I put it up on kickstarter. Thought I'd update you guys on how it is going. After the success of the kickstarter, it looks like I'm going to be finishing it up soon, and I've put up a public demo.

Here's the website (wiith the demo): http://www.ultrarunaway.com/
Here's the kickstarter: http://kck.st/MlkjhG

Paper Sorcerer is a first-person turn-based RPG with adventure game elements inspired by Wizardry, Dungeons and Dragons, and Shadowgate.
For those who haven't played Wizardry, it plays kinda like Etrian Odyssey.

Here's some screenshots:
MNhxHHt.jpg

HVKKdIN.jpg

rt7KW6N.jpg

Those screen shots make me go cross-eyed!! They appear somewhat distorted and that is off-putting to me.

And I actually love that comics style.

I finished demo,it took me around 45 minutes.My summons where minotaur,ghost and cultist.I liked it, and I liked graphics altho demo doesn't provide any challenge(it's starting area+first boss so it's understandable) I will definitively consider buying it once it comes out.Also I like energy system very much.

Few things I didn't like.

Turning is too sensitive I struggled to go in straight line.
I didn't like that you can't see spell/skill descriptions in combat you have to go to menu to see it.
Some health/defense bar on enemies would be nice.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
Nameless one, I've taken note of the turning speed and I'll fix it for the next build. Some of my other testers have mentioned it too.

If anyone has any questions about the game, feel free! Comments and feedback are also appreciated.

I have an somewhat embarassing problem. I cannot get out of the first room in the demo where you wake up. What am I doing wrong?

I declined sleeping on the bed btw...

I have an somewhat embarassing problem. I cannot get out of the first room in the demo where you wake up. What am I doing wrong?

I declined sleeping on the bed btw…

Don't decline it will trigger next step.

BTW anyone who backed this know when is this coming out?It was supposed to be last month but I haven't found any recent news about game.

Edit:Update came out shot ago, another kickstarter delayed what a surprise.

Edit:Update came out shot ago, another kickstarter delayed what a surprise.

I can live with that, as long as it looks like progress is being made, I would rather see the game being delayed than released in a poor shape. And is this not one of those things that people complain about major publishers doing, forcing games to be released "on time", even if it sacrifices quality?

I can live with that, as long as it looks like progress is being made, I would rather see the game being delayed than released in a poor shape. And is this not one of those things that people complain about major publishers doing, forcing games to be released "on time", even if it sacrifices quality?

Despite my remark I prefer to wait long than to see another Sacred or HoI 3 scenario, I just prefer to know "real" release date right away.

I think one guy doing all the art / coding / design on an RPG for at least a year is quite a reasonable time frame, in fact I would expect it to take much longer.

Of course the original Kickstarter projected delivery date (August 2012) was ridiculously ambitious, and I never expected it to come out on time. I don't mind at all that he takes the time to make a quality game, and sees his vision to completion.

The new Reaper dungeon graphics look awesome by the way:
v9PyWdwh.jpg

That looks very nice, almost a gothic quality to it. And ya, if one person is doing all that work that totally explains why it has been delayed.

-Carn

Yup it is a one man project.

Looks like this has been delayed to august which significantly lowers chances of me buying it on initial release since that is month when Europa universalis 4 and Space rangers HD are coming out.

Back
Top Bottom