Progress Quest - The newest kind of RPG

Indeed. Quite a few "innovations" to the ... gameplay that manage to completely remove it.

What's this, a screensaver? :)
I might still try it. Perhaps it's entertaining!

Well, not a screen saver, but rather nerve tester. How long can you stand a program that supposedly has all the elements of an RPG but can actually play itself. Btw, for letting it run in the background for a whole afternoon, I got to level 17 and Act 2 with my Low Elf Ur-paladin ...

"Gamers who have played modern online role-playing games, or almost any computer role-playing game, or who have at any time installed or upgraded their operating system, will find themselves incredibly comfortable with Progress Quest's very familiar gameplay. "
"Progress Quest belongs to a new breed of "fire and forget" RPG's. There is no need to interact with Progress Quest at all; it will make progress with you or without you. "
you guys have got to be kidding, right--this isn't real???

It's real!! :) Wonder if I should make this front page news!! :biggrin:

Wait, there are races and stuff too.
Look :
pq.php

I'm in the the Taleworlds' guild now, we're getting stronger and stronger :D !

Last edited:
Are you enjoying your trip to 2002?

Actually, isn't the game older than 2002? I seem to recall first hearing about it back in 1999 or 2000. Either way, this very very very old and stale "news".

I'm off to bed. I will leave this game on for the night, see whether I will be invincible at the time I wake up.

I'm still undecided as to wheter Progress Quest is a just an automated dungeon crawling experience that will replace the Diablos and Dungeon Sieges of the world, or a harsh and satyrical comment against the route CRPGs have taken in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom