Xbox One sort of redeemed?

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
zzG9hnY.jpg

With Xbox One games, on the games that allow it, you and a friend can play the same game at the same time for that one cost no matter where they are aslong as they are 1 of 10 friends in your friends list.

The original buyer of the game can play the game at anytime, but the friends you shared the game to can have access only one at a time.

I wonder what model people are willing to pay for? I thought this was a nice inclusion into the Xbox one.

With Xbox One games, on the games that allow it, you and a friend can play the same game at the same time for that one cost no matter where they are aslong as they are 1 of 10 friends in your friends list.

The original buyer of the game can play the game at anytime, but the friends you shared the game to can have access only one at a time.

I wonder what model people are willing to pay for? I thought this was a nice inclusion into the Xbox one.

Neither one as I have a PC but if I buy a console I will will get a PS4. I don't agree with many of Microsoft's delusions for what the gamers want in the last two years.

My way or the highway is not a good business strategy.:whip:

And the second reason I can't stand the smug jackasses from Microsoft in the interviews who keep opening there mouths with no understanding in every article about the Xbox One.

Oh and I counter you with this-
e65d2a9d1a44f703c269524025fefc85.jpg

and this
tumblr_mncvvg6kz21qahlp4o1_500.png

Some features i will probably never use like that share button on the ps4. All my friends are on the other side of Australia so this feature is useful to me.

Some features i will probably never use like that share button on the ps4. All my friends are on the other side of Australia so this feature is useful to me.
It will all come down to what system suits your need and the majority of gamers. Time will tell who will win. Like they say vote with your wallet.:)

I think it's a little to early to forecast who won but you can't deny Microsoft created a PR disaster the way they have gone about this.

Yeah true. Their pr is abominable.

I think "that allow it" is the keyword here. Unless the sales of the Xbone are abysmal and MS forces publishers to allow this feature, I somewhat doubt that big Blockbuster titles will be able to be shared like that.

I think "that allow it" is the keyword here. Unless the sales of the Xbone are abysmal and MS forces publishers to allow this feature, I somewhat doubt that big Blockbuster titles will be able to be shared like that.

I don't think they have much choice at this point, reactions on Xbone where disastrous and they have to make compromise.It's battle they are currently loosing even with this, they will have make more compromise to even the battlefield.

When comparing xbox 360 to xbox one, the buyer looses 20-30€ for each game he buys for xbox one. How is this redeemed?

The only two ways for redemption are

(1) Allow resale of digital games
(2) Drop all game prices 20-30€

Im waiting.

I could be mistaken, but didn't they say that you can only lend a game once - as in one time per game for the life of the game? Or is that different than sharing?

And, as others have said above, when you allow publishers to choose, it will always be never. The same lending system is in place for kindle books. You can lend a book only one time, for something like two weeks, and it is up to the publisher to allow lending. Other than self published books, I've never seen a kindle book that allows lending.

I dont want to lend games, I want to sell them. You cant replace reselling with lending. Two different things.

Used physical games could be lent and resold. Xbox one games can be only lent.

The xbox way is still an overly complicated compromise. I want simple solutions, such as put disc in and play, not a complicated set of bizarre rules to mask DRM and appease publishers.

The player takes up the job of advertizing for the game. Blizzard implemented a similar option in SC2 for example. Any free work is good to get when it is well thought.

Yep, those are good points. I've never sold a game. I hoard them, even if I don't like them (ok, I threw away Dungeon Lords, but that was a one time thing). However, with MS telling me that I can't do whatever I want with my $60 piece of plastic, I'm not going to be buying an XBO.

I think that MS saw how well Valve was doing without the ability to resell or lend and thought they could get away with it. The big differences are that people don't need to buy expensive Valve hardware to play their games and due to the nature of the PC, don't need to exclusively buy from Valve. If PC gamers could only buy games from Valve and could only play them on $500 Valve hardware, that would cause problems.

If anyone recalls, the DS also had game-sharing ... and in the end what it meant was that ~5% of games allowed limited multi-player modes where the 'master' account was always in control, and the 'slave' had only a certain number of options and so on.

That sounds much like what we should expect. SP campaigns? hahaha! Limited multiplayer maps to use so long as the main game owner is playing? More like it.

I fully expect it to work for all games that you've purchased physically, but with the option for publishers to have some form of limitation on what you can do with a borrowed copy (no multiplayer, only multiplayer and only on the server that your friend is playing on right now, a maximum play time and so on). A bit like the old "spawned" versions that came with some games, that allowed you to install a slimmed down version of the game, thus allowing you to play it in multiplayer over LAN without having to buy two copies (not many games had this, but it was a feature that did exist).

If anyone recalls, the DS also had game-sharing … and in the end what it meant was that ~5% of games allowed limited multi-player modes where the 'master' account was always in control, and the 'slave' had only a certain number of options and so on.

That sounds much like what we should expect. SP campaigns? hahaha! Limited multiplayer maps to use so long as the main game owner is playing? More like it.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. If that's what MS is counting on to appease the mob, they will be eaten alive.

The situation is actually worse. MS actually went to publishers instead of the other way round.

Now Sony already has the hugely more attractive offer compared to the XBO. What they should do to even increase the momentum is: 2 weeks before actually shipping the console, make a big PR event in which they announce the automatic (and of course free!) upgrade of all PS4 SKUs with a free copy of Sony-Owned-Mega-Blockbuster-2014. A new Gran Tourismo or something on that level.

The presentation so far to me has been sports, which i hate, and television. I do use netflix, but i have like 4 other ways to access it.

I dont care about lending games, this is great for 12 year olds who have all their school chums on their lists. Dosnt do much for loners

Back
Top Bottom