BioWare - Mass Effect Sequel in Development

I wouldn't blame Bioware for making the next ME game a straight-up 3rd person bro-op shooter with adversarial multiplayer. The RPG fans are never going to be happy with them again - as we are reminded in the comments to every Bioware related news post - so maybe Bio will give up on us sperglords entirely and move on to greener pastures (greener as in dollar$).

Hell I'll still play it. Just include a heavily-customizable Turian skin, k Bio? Thanks.

First contact war?
Id play it.

Probably impossible to completely placate the vocal minority?

As long as I never ever have to deal with enemies falling from the skies again as in DA2

C

Zero interest at this point.... it will continue to amuse me when this game comes out and flame war begins once again....

I just couldn't bring myself to finish ME3 (I'm not even past 1/4 of the game, I think) so if by some miracle ME4 turns out good, then I will force myself to play ME3. Until then, ME3 will gather dust (most likely, it will gather dust for rest of its lifetime).

First contact war?
Id play it.

Probably impossible to completely placate the vocal minority?

As long as I never ever have to deal with enemies falling from the skies again as in DA2

C
No wouldn't play it hate prequels with a passion. As for the vocal minority that term need to be cast out. If you only look at the dollars signs and say well the few hundred thousand dissatisfied players don't mean a thing your doing something wrong.
I wouldn't blame Bioware for making the next ME game a straight-up 3rd person bro-op shooter with adversarial multiplayer. The RPG fans are never going to be happy with them again - as we are reminded in the comments to every Bioware related news post - so maybe Bio will give up on us sperglords entirely and move on to greener pastures (greener as in dollar$)
Isn't that what there already doing. It's also the reason for all the backslash and negativity. To new fans there games are the best ever to the older fanbase the reaction varies.

Also has anyone actually tried to talk to there mods or even have a friendly discussion with the developers always pointing out it's the gamers fault not the developers.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a wise more for Bioware just to move on like nothing's happened. The ME IP is soiled and reflects poorly on the entire company. They should let it rest a while and give people time to forget.

"So, we want to milk another game out of this cash cow, but we don't have any ideas for it. What do you think we should do?"

No wouldn't play it hate prequels with a passion. As for the vocal minority that term need to be cast out. If you only look at the dollars signs and say well the few hundred thousand dissatisfied players don't mean a thing your doing something wrong.

If you notice put a question mark after it.

About prequels, I generally agree but there are some really good ones, like Deus Ex:HR for example.

For me, it basically runs down to that I loved the exploration and frontier feeling to experience alien worlds that was a part of the experience of ME1 and that Im sad that I won´t get anything like that again.

With that in mind, I´ll cling to any hope of having a more "exploring" game set in the ME universe.

C

I still think ME is a very interesting sci-fi universe, so I wouldn't mind more ME games, but they really need to put more emphasis on exploration like in ME1 (just improve it). I've seen more than enough hallways in ME2 and 3.

As to the time frame? Well, we all know we're going to be playing a human, which rules out anything before the first contact war. Then again, the universe practically blows up at the end of M3, so there's not much left after that. Maybe if they make some sort of sequel they can salvage the ending of ME3 by explaining how the species in the universe are supposed to survive without the relays.

I love sci-fi - and I think the background material for the first Mass Effect was of high quality. Rarely have I felt so immersed in lore.

So, pretending Bioware would actually want to create a piece of art (as opposed to another publisher-driven product) - I'd take almost anything.

However, I think it could be really interesting to see them tackle a smaller scale. How about a System Shock set in the Mass Effect universe? You know, some colony on an alien planet with a ton of exploration and a decent dosage of survival horror? I'd like to see a more elaborate character development system and I'd love to get back to KotOR style hacking and computer interaction.

A few years ago I would have bet it would be "Hawke in Space"(or whatever his name was), kind of an DA2 game.

But I assume that they've felt the wind going against them, so I don't think - nowadays - that they'd do an "DA2 in space" game - at least not completely modelled after DA2.

Great news, i 'd love to see my brother trying to install this "origin" thing.
But isn't the story over?

Yes it is, so it's probably just a different game using the same setting, and not actually a direct sequel. Something like NWN1 -> NWN2.

A few years ago I would have bet it would be "Hawke in Space"(or whatever his name was), kind of an DA2 game.

But I assume that they've felt the wind going against them, so I don't think - nowadays - that they'd do an "DA2 in space" game - at least not completely modelled after DA2.

You still have no idea what you are talking about, to my knowledge and correct me if I am wrong, you have never played any of the games. How would you know what they did or didn't do?

As for Mass effect being soiled? I hardly think that is true, maybe true for some zealots but not the norm.

Back
Top Bottom