Pricewatch!

Don't forget that if u get Witcher 2 from anywhere u can use the key provided to activate u;r back-up copy on GOG

Gothic 3 and Spellforce 1 and 2 are on sale on GoG this weekend. They've also got The Guild, which I've never actually tried despite enjoying the sequel.

Indie Gala is back with another bundle. This one is like their earlier 3-tiered ones (pay what you want to get the lowest one, pay more than a certain amount to get their 2 and pay more than another amount to get all the games). Price seem to fluctuate, but it does not say "average" anywhere.

Anyway, the games are:
Tier 1:
Creatures: The Albion Years (DRM free?)
Pirates of the Black Cove (Steam)
Unknown (Desura)

Tier 2 (currently $3.61)
Chester (Desura)
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection (Steam)
Vessel (Steam)
Aquanox (Steam)
Unknown (Steam)

Tier 3 (currently $5.96)
Star Ruler (Steam)
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes (Steam)
A New Beginning: Final Cut (Steam)
Unknown (Steam)
Unknown (Steam)
Unknown (Steam)

That's a grand total of 14 games, 5 of which are still unknown.

What kind of prices is that for Kings Bounty, they cannot earn any money on that.. I wounder if it is some kind of way to promote the sequel....

I just can't believe those prices.

Does that include the base game? Because it's not entirely clear from the accompanying blurb…

Crossworld doesn't include The Legend if that's what you're asking.
It's Armored Princess "enhanced".

Does that include the base game? Because it's not entirely clear from the accompanying blurb…

King’s Bounty: Crossworlds Game of the Year Edition includes King`s Bounty: Armored Princess and it`s expansion Crossworlds which includes following three campaigns: the “Orcs on the March”, “Champion of the Arena” and “Defender of the Crown” and a convenient editor with help system.

Crossworld doesn't include The Legend if that's what you're asking.
It's Armored Princess "enhanced".

That's what I was asking, yes. Thanks.

Well, I read that too, however, there is no mention of this needing the base game, hence my confusion.

EDIT: And I wasn't aware "Armored Princess" was a standalone expansion, either. :p

This one did not show up earlier, but King's Bounty Platinum (contains King's Bounty: The Legend & Crossworlds GOTY) is also on sale for 1.87€.

I would by the way recommend starting with The Legend. While Armoured Princess has more to offer in general, it is a bit harder. Might be a good idea to get used to the series through the first part. There is also a story connection between the two, though not an overly strong one.

What kind of prices is that for Kings Bounty, they cannot earn any money on that.. I wounder if it is some kind of way to promote the sequel….

It has simply reached its end of the product life cycle - at least in terms of economics.
And of course judged by the publisher - not by the developer (although they'd probably share a similar view on this game now).

On a different topic :

The German Retro-Gaming magazine "Chip Power play" comes with "Thief Gold".
The magazine costs almost 9 Euros, though.

The German Retro-Gaming magazine "Chip Power play" comes with "Thief Gold".
The magazine costs almost 9 Euros, though.

Unless you really want the magazine, you're better off just buying it directly. :p

I really need to play that one again one of these days. It's a shame those early FPS games tend to give me terrible headaches.

Yes, that's a point - but I'll be buying this magazine anyway. ;)

"Power Play" is a long lost great name of gaming magazines (lost for about 10 years or so), and the magazine's editors are very well known names - for the older generations, of course. ;)

Speaking of GoG, it looks like they've just started a super summer sale dealie. Apparently there's 544 games on sale. Madness!

Huh, Steam's got the old Capcom Dungeons and Dragons arcade beat 'em ups bundled together as Chronicles of Mystara. My friends and I played the hell out of those games back in the early 90s. I might have to pick that one up.

Back
Top Bottom