Bioshock Infinite - Interview @ Polygon

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Polygon interviews Ken Levine on forced baptisms, meaningful violence, and "The End" of Bioshock Infinite.

This is a story about the ending of BioShock Infinite, about the reaction people had to that and other moments in the game, about Levine's reaction to those reactions. It is laden with spoilers, be warned.

We're sitting in a hotel suite in Boston to, in theory, discuss the coming of new content to BioShock Infinite. But before we get onto that I can't help but ask Levine about the game's ending. That's all it takes to soak up my entire time with him discussing what it all means.

"We got some criticism about it being opaque, and my feeling is I'd much rather err on the side of giving people something to debate about in their head or with their friends, instead of saying, ‘No, no. This happened, that happened, that happened,'" Levine says of the ending. "That's why I haven't been out there telling people who ask me all the time —‘Is this his 122 time through the world?' and ‘What is this?' and ‘Is that Songbird in BioShock 1?' — I don't want to answer any of those questions because, frankly, I don't think it's very interesting for me to answer those questions. I'd rather have people figure it out themselves."

More information.

We're sitting in a hotel suite in Boston to, in theory, discuss the coming of new content to BioShock Infinite.
I see no question "will Bioshock Infinite become Sims 3 when it comes to number of DLC".

After the numerous times quantum mechanics are mentioned I couldn't resist:
quantum_mechanics.png

I wasn't aware of there being someone who requested a refund due to the baptism scene. I even thought for a second it would be someone militantly non-religious. Suffice to say the reality was terribly predictable.

Back
Top Bottom