Today is ...

… the day pibbur goes to Hamburg. And the day he understood something said to him in Danish.

Where are the others?

0235: Maximinus Thrax becomes emperor of Rome. Needless to say he lived only a couple of years after that. He never went to Rime.
1616: Sir Walter Raileigh leaves Oblivion at Tower of London
1815; Napoleon goes to Paris
1848: Ludwig ver. 1.0 steps down
1923: Picasso goes to Chicago
1990: Imelda Marcos goes on trial
2006: Larry goes to Eastern Australia to destroy bananas

Notable first time appearances
1602: Dutch East India Company
1883: Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, an intellectual property treaty.
1916: General relativity
1987: 1-[(2R,4S,5S)-4-azido-5-(hydroxymethyl)oxolan-2-yl]-5-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidine-2,4-dione (it may look like an Ultima Dragons Internet Chapter signature, but it isn't)

Let it be known that there are 470000 googles for Eddie Cantor. And that pibbur has an UDIC signature: a56d++e++U4567'!S'!89!A!LM

… the day pibbur goes to London

AND

1188: The day little Antoku creeps to the emperor throne of Japan. According to Wikipedia this happened in 1188. However. According to Wikipedia the same emperor died in 1185.
1413: The day King Henry V goes to becomes king Henry V
1871: The day Stanley presumably goes looking for Livingstone. I presume.
1970: The day of the first day of the earth.
1980: The day mr. Carter decides not to go to Moscow
1980: The day someone was going down to shoot J.R. Presumably because he caught him messing around.

The day of the following notable first time appearances:

1854: An Australian
1917: An Australian
1968: An Australian
1978: An Australian

16,000,000 googles for an Australian. At the moment of writing no votes for "an Australian pibbur".

But I googled for the phrase, "an australian pibbur". BIG difference. Sadly, there is one google for that now.

Maybe if I spamifize it a bit; No googles for "an australian p.1.b.b.u.r". YESSS. Fooled them"!!!! *hums triumphantly* Waltzing Mathilda, waaaaltzing Mathilda…….*coughs*

EDIT: GOOGLE I HATE YOU! (hope this won't ban me from playing any of my games).

EDIT 2: But seriously, it is a bit scary how quickly their whatever-they-use catch up on things we post.

Last edited:
Google has too many and too good programmers. I'm betting that they are the ones who create the machines that will rule the world... :(

It starts with simple bots, then with bots that can find anything in the world, the bots that can walk and find anything in the world ... And so on... It's a slippery slope...

;)

Google has too many and too good programmers. I'm betting that they are the ones who create the machines that will rule the world… :(

It starts with simple bots, then with bots that can find anything in the world, the bots that can walk and find anything in the world … And so on… It's a slippery slope…

;)

One question: When will they change their name to Skynet?

… is a day when pibbur remains in London.

And a day dedicated to emperors

0238: Gordian 1 becames emperor of Rome, togehter with his son Gordian 2. Their reign lasted for a month in the year known as the "Year of Six Emperors"!

1913: Phan Xich Long, self-proclaimed-but-not-widely-recognized emperor of Viet Nam is arrested after failure to seize power. His supporters had, after drinking invisibility poitions placed bombs here and there, none of which detonated, and the not-so-invisible-insurgents was arrested. Those of us who have played TES games know they would - after all invisibility breaks if you try to do something. Why they didn't go for Chameleon in stead is anyone's guess.

1916: Yuan Shikai resigns as emperor of China, and continues as president until his death in june 1916. He made himself emperor 22 dec. 1915, after having served(?) as president since 1912. As they say: Easy come easy go.

Australians were born on 1818, 1908, 1990

1,460,000,000 results for "australia", but only 229,000,000 for the combination of australia and australia. Which probably says something.

From Wikipedia, 20th of march events:

2006 – Cyclone Larry makes landfall in eastern Australia, destroying most of the country's banana crop.

... another day in London which pibbur spent mostly at the science museum and walking around piccadilly circus and shaftesbury avenue and therefore he is tired and not particularly interested in anything besides watching tv and playing morrowind on his laptop and drinking a pint of kronenbourg 1664 especially not what other people have been doing on this very day so this is what you get. Period.

1400: The Tran Dynasty goes to Oblivion
1708: The old pretender arrives at Firth of Forth
1848: Scots come to NZ
1868: The Organic Act is signed into law and by that the University of California is launched. "The organic act", huh?
1933: Adolf Hitler officially becomes dictator of Germany

1956: Pakistan. And Pakistan Republic Day.

Couldn't care less about any australians coming totheoutside world.

Notable last time appearances
2001: Mir

1 google for australia

… the day pibbur goes to Edinburgh to visit his youngest daughter who fortunately at 29 years is slightly more developed than temptress' adorable little one

1603: Tokugawa Ieyasu aka Tokugawa Iyeyasu aka Matsudaira Kurandonosuke Motoyasu aka Matsudaira Jirosaburo Motonobuaka Matsudaira Takechiyo, renamed Tosho Daigongen after his death was appointed shogun by emperor Go-Yozei (who unlike most emperors lasted more than a year or so)
1965: NASA spacecraft Ranger 9 publicly crashes with moon
1989: Exxon Valdez oil spill

1882: Mycobacterium tuberculosis as described by dr Koch. A nasty little bugger that one (the mycobactrium). To give you one example: in 1850 the incidence of deaths from tuberculosis was 400/100 000 per year. If unchanged, today the disease would claim approximately 18 000 casualties, many of them young people. This says something of the impact of tbc.
1916: Harry Blackmore Whittington, now extinct
1938: Holger Czukay
1956: One Steve Ballmer
1965: The undertaker. It's not real!
1993: Shoemaker-Levy version 9.

1980: Archbishop Oscar Romero after speaking out against the authorities of El Salvador

A toast goes to John Milnor who's got 133 000 votes from google.

… a day in Edinburgh

0421: At the moment of writing, Venice was founded 1590 years and 31 minutes ago.
1306: Robert the Bruce, an Australian before there were Australians becomes king of Scotland
1584: Sir Walter Raleigh patented Virginia
1634: Settlers in Maryland. Ahh, the cookies - dangerously tasty.
1802: Definitive treaty of peace between France and the UK, after 793 years of annoying the French.

Notable first time appearances:
1807: A passenger carrying train. (Swansea and Mumbles)
1928: Jim Lovell
1948: A successful tornado forecast, Tinker Airforce Base
1957: What was to become EU
1979: Space Shuttle (Columbia)
1995: The Wiki

Australia is not mentioned together with
- torsk i sitron og smørsaus
- rasmusvegen
- fppghjkhghjd

EDIT: At the moment of writing, Venice was founded 1590 years 1 houre and 15 minutes ago.

EDIT: 1590 years 1 hour 19 minutes ago

… a day when pibbur stays in Edinburgh, and the day he eats haggis for the 2nd time in his life.

1027: Conrad ver 2.0 is made roman emperor. Strange but true: this one lasted for more than 10 years.
1808: Fernando María Francisco de Paula Domingo Vicente Ferrer Antonio José Joaquin Pascual Diego Juan Nepomuceno Januario Francisco Francisco Javier Rafael Miguel Gabriel Calixto Cayetano Fausto Luís Ramón Gregorio Lorenzo Geronimo was made king of Spain when his father (Charles 4.0) stepped down. Turns out that said father had also for some reason given the throne to Napoleon Bonaparte, so young Ferdinand had to step down as well, only to make a come back after 5 years in french custody, this time lasting for 20 years. His nick was "Ferdinand the Desired".
1934: Driving test introduced in the UK. Can't be particularly difficult that one, you pass even if you drive on the wrong side of the road.
1967: 10000 people in Centralk Park
1976: The queen's got (e)mail
1999: The days of (the) Melissa (worm). I'm pretty sure it came from this site: http://www.melissaaustralia.com.au/

First time appearances
1931: Leonard Nimoy. He's lived long and prospered.
1943: Bob Woodward
1948: Steve Tyler walks this way
1950: Didn't know Martin Short was older than me
1958: Exlorer ver. 3.0
1960: Der Hauptkommissar
1995: Schengen
1965: A morbid angel

7580000 googles for Lawrence E. Page, 23 for pibbur+haggis

EDIT: 1590 years, 1 day 7 hours and 45 minutes since Venice

... a day pibbur spends outside Australia

-196: Ptolemy 5.0 ascends pto pthe pthrone oif Egyppt
1306: Robert the Australian is crownned king of Sctotland
1309: Pope Clement excommunicates Venice after 888 years and 2 days and don't-know-how-many-hours-or-minutes
1625: Charles 1.0 becomes king of the UK and wants to be king of France
1794: Neutrality pact between Denmark and Sweden. Hah!!!
1886: Once again: Geronimo!!

1613: The first English child born in Canada
1794: US Navy
1851: Yosemite valley

1915: Typhoid Mary

The following persons (with minor name spelling errors)are according to google not connected to australia:

- Kylieeeee minogue
- Corwwwwin
- d2rkjf

And even if spelled correctly the connections between "Lars-Gunnar Hartveit" and Australia are very limited (0.4 percent of all votes)

I think that connection needs to be improved!! :) While you can't yet take a train from there to here, we do have some excellent train trips in this country. Perhaps you should consider that for your next holiday!! :)

Nooo, not from Edinburgh to Brisbane, silly. Corwin was talking about my NEXT holiday trip.

From Norway to Brisbane.

Oh, that's easy, you just keep going north and you'll reach Brisbane ;)
By the way, since I am forced to read your crazy postings you are forced to read my crazy blog too ! I need at least one regular reader :O

Interesting blog Pladio…….. interesting to see our Mars theory discussions being in there… + The degree thing was very insightful :) Perhaps an attempt at redemption after the programming debacle :D ( D.s. recursion and dynamic programming is very complex subjects... so it is just some friendly "picking" :D )

Back
Top Bottom