No help. Just news.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Everyone and everything goes wireless.

If you don't have it yourself, you've seen a wireless mouse. The problem with it? One day you must change/recharge those bateries. One a year, still it's annoying thing to do, right? ;)
What if you don't have to do it ever? I bet soon we'll all have one of these:
http://www.red-dot.sg/en/online-exhibition/concept/?code=1038&y=2013&c=17&a=0

Laptop they say? I don't like gaming on laptop so I'm not using it much, it's collecting dust unless I need it for whatnot… Like camping. The only problem is, it's battery won't last long enough for whatever I want to do.
Very soon that won't be a problem. No, they didn't make a battery that lasts 3475635347 hours. Instead, someone got this idea:
http://www.red-dot.sg/en/online-exhibition/concept/?code=802&y=2013&c=4&a=0

The only question that remains is - where the hell is kickstarter campaign for these things?!

Thanks for the news bit Joxer.

It is very interesting and on a field that is becoming extremely popular and important called 'energy harvesting'.

Your news bit is on a large scale energy harvesting system, and there are systems on the micro scale that are already in place such as tire pressure sensors inside tyres that use piezoelectric cantilevers to generate voltages to power the pressure sensor.

There are also proposal and prototypes for such systems in heart pace makers, again harvesting the mechanical energy of the heart and converting it to a voltage to power the pace maker.

As to why there are no kickstarters: well most of it is patented technology and dominated by the the microelectronic and transducer industry.

Why not use the "roll" the mouse for recharching ? I know from my bike that it has an device (I don't know what the English words for that are) which is like a small wheel drawing rolling on the rear wheel of the bicycle, thus producingt enough current to let the bike's lamps glow.

The mouse ball could be used for that, too. It rolls.

Because it doesn't only roll. It also collects dirt. :D

Hm, could this collected dirt be used for something else as well ? ;)

To make an organic compost? Sure. :D

Back
Top Bottom