Upcoming RPGs of 2013 - @ RPG Site

After playing a bit of Divine Divinity, I can say I am officially hyped for Original Sin. Also looking forward to Sacred 3.

I can tell you have not read the books. Brandon Sanderson is one of the most imaginative authors I've ever read. "Lord Ruler" does sound a little generic, though.

I read his books and they don't appeal to me that much. Not bad but I never find myself reading them again.

After playing a bit of Divine Divinity, I can say I am officially hyped for Original Sin. Also looking forward to Sacred 3.

I agree just let me add Dragon Age III and Wasteland 2. Don't roll your eyes I still have some hope for Dragon Age III.

Last edited:
From that list, I'm looking most forward to Original Sin. I hope Sacred 3 will work out because the development team is completely different but hopefully the game will retain the same sense of humor.

And *fingers crossed* maybe Witcher 3, Grim Dawn, Project Eternity & Shadowrun Returns this year! :D

Quite a few intriguing titles; my whistle be whetted. Both Soul Sacrifice and Watch Dogs sound like they could be intriguing. Will need to see more to know for sure though. I also like what I've seen so far for Original Sin.

And *fingers crossed* maybe Witcher 3, Grim Dawn, Project Eternity & Shadowrun Returns this year! :D

Project Eternity isn't even scheduled until April 2014. It appearing in 2013 would be a miracle akin to the second coming of Jesus Christ. Most likely, since no RPG in the history of the genre has ever shipped even close to on time, it will appear sometime in 2015... RPGs are like guests at polite dinner parties, noone even expects them to turn up on time.

Just what IS the attraction to games with those cute little candy-colored, doe-eyed, cartoon kids? I can see if you're an 11-year-old, but other than that? Seriously? I can't turn the page, pass the aisle, or click the screen fast enough to avoid them.

I love jRPGs but not because of that, actually in spite of that. jRPGs (not the action ones) still maintain the tactical gameplay of old turn-based RPGs. When the genre pretty much died in the PC after the Infinity engine era, I turned to the PS2 for the same type of gameplay.
Sure, I feel it's stupid that they keep using the same art style and keep making the protagonist a 15 year old kid, but I just ignore that and concentrate on the gameplay and the fun battles, and the very impressive character/party progression that most jRPGs have and is really missing in western style RPGs.

I love jRPGs but not because of that, actually in spite of that. jRPGs (not the action ones) still maintain the tactical gameplay of old turn-based RPGs. When the genre pretty much died in the PC after the Infinity engine era, I turned to the PS2 for the same type of gameplay.
Sure, I feel it's stupid that they keep using the same art style and keep making the protagonist a 15 year old kid, but I just ignore that and concentrate on the gameplay and the fun battles, and the very impressive character/party progression that most jRPGs have and is really missing in western style RPGs.

Good point. As you are coming from that perspective: Are there any jRPGs you can recommend to players who neither like the anime Style nor want to play on a console?

Good point. As you are coming from that perspective: Are there any jRPGs you can recommend to players who neither like the anime Style nor want to play on a console?

jRPGs outside consoles there aren't many recent ones that I've seen. I can only think of The Last Remnant right now.

Back
Top Bottom