Blizzard - Countdown @ Official Site

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Must everyone do these countdown things? You probably know that Blizzard will apparently make an announcement on a new game at an event in South Korea on May 19th. Yesterday the Blizzard site sported a Warcraft-related image and today there's a Diablo shot - I'll let you try to figure it out, although the frontrunner guess seems to be a World of Starcraft followed by Diablo 3.
More information.

Hard to say, there's also been a lot of Diablo rumors. I'm just waiting for the announcement, impossible to guess at this point.

The images do not have a hidden meaning if that's what you meant, Thaurin. They just move through the timeline from day to day. Tomorrow, there will be a picture of Starcraft, then a pic of Diablo again the day after that, then Warcraft again, then WoW and finally on the 19th the secret will be unveiled.
I also believe that it will be a Starcraft game but what type, MMORPG or RTS... hmmm... difficult to see... always in motion, the future is :biggrin: .

Since the game will be announced in S Korea, i bet it will be another MMO. The Asian countries are really big into the MMO's. That's why i say that. I'm not going to get my hopes up for another Starcraft single player game. In fact, i have lost hope that Blizzard will ever make another single player game.

Blizzard hasn't really made a single player game in a long, long time. Diablo II was quite massive in its MP appeal, despite its not officially being an MMO.

Nobody knows for sure what game's coming, which I find surpirising in these leak-tastic times of ours. Remember that the Koreans are known for their love of all Blizzard games, but Starcraft in particular sold freakishly massively over there. A pure MMO would make absolutely zero sense, what with WoW being in its prime. And what about Diablo 3? I was under the impression that it's already being worked on.

But... the one I want to see the least is another RTS. With my luck, I think that's what they're going to announce. So Starcraft II it'll have to be.

Since the game will be announced in S Korea, i bet it will be another MMO. The Asian countries are really big into the MMO's. That's why i say that. I'm not going to get my hopes up for another Starcraft single player game. In fact, i have lost hope that Blizzard will ever make another single player game.

Everyone likes MMO's, but Starcraft is like a national sport in Korea. It makes sense to me that they very well might announce the next SC there.

It will be World of Starcraft or World of Diablo but not necessarily those exact titles.

I prefer a Diablo MMO but it will most definitely be a Starcraft MMO.

Interesting, Lost Vikings seems not to fit to their ludography...

I would also prefer a Diablo MMO, but I think it will be Starcraft MMO.

Only a week...

World of Starcraft would be nice, but I don't think it's gonna happen. WoW is still running quite well, and while they might have another MMO in the works, I doubt they will announce it there. Everything smells like Starcraft 2. Of course this is just a wild guess.

Last edited:
It's almost 100% sure that the new title's gonna be StarCraft2. And no: no MMO aspect on that one.

What is *with* all of these countdowns lately?!?!

just a device to get all us fanboys salivating.

It works too, I cant wait to see if we got SCII on the way or not.

I played soooooo much StarCraft! I think it satisfied my urge for real-time strategy games. I expected to love WarCraft 3, but I couldn't get into it at all after playing so much StarCraft (and it's supposed to be awesome, too).

I'm hoping for Starcraft 2. It'd make sense, both in the location they're making the announcement and returning to a profitable franchise that's in need of an update.

They've already announced a whole bunch of new MMO job openings. It's well known that Blizzard is working on a new MMO, whether they're working on another game on the side is unknown however.

I was thinking. If it is Starcraft 2, it will have to be more than just another RTS to be monumental. I mean, C & C 3 was just released and is about as polished as an RTS can get without it becoming more than just an RTS.

I mean, Starcraft 2 would be neat but so what? Another RTS is not exactly big news in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom