Divine Divinity - Remastered Version Under Way

Moriendor

Excommunicado
RPGWatch Donor
Divinity: Larian Taking Requests For Remastered Version

Check this out. Sounds pretty promising if they can come up with a few cool tweaks :) .

Hello all,

Don't take this as an official announcement, but more as a bit of a heads up for you very much appreciated people still active in these parts of the forum. We've quietly been working on remastering the original
div.png
for release through digital distribution, upgrading it to work well with Vista/XP and supporting higher resolutions. Time permitting we'll probably even modify a couple of things, so here's the question. If you could choose only one thing, what's the thing you'd really like to see changed in the game code ?

THey should just remaster Beyond Divinity and remove the suckage (from what I've read/heard) :)

I'd like the see the game end at ascension and that final bit totally removed.

I'd like the whole game released on GoG, with the soundtrack digitally remastered and loads of other extras included ... for $10 :)

I had no idea what to improve, but this is exactly it! I second this proposal.

Edit: The other solution would be to add some content into the last part.

I guess my point is that DivDiv is the game that it is ... flaws and all, and I would be irritated if they hacked off anything.

It already runs fine on WinXP. It would be cool if they could increase the resolution, but only if everything stays the same scale.

Seconded. Divinity must have been the game with the most disappointing end game that I have ever played.
Though to be fair I think that they should keep the final dungeon (with the hub and spoke or starfish-like shape) since that was nicely designed and it was fun beating the different Black Ring members with different approaches. That dungeon should be put right after hitting the gong and the wasteland part should indeed be totally scrapped.

Yes, I've heard of the controversy around the ending of Div 2 ranging from "awesome but unexpected" to "worst ending evah!!1" but I'm not going to spoil it for myself. I want to experience the full awesomeness or brutality of it first hand when I get around to playing the English version one day in the hopefully not too distant future (already got the German CE but I'd like to play the original version) :) .

I want to experience the full awesomeness or brutality of it first hand when I get around to playing the English version one day in the hopefully not too distant future (already got the German CE but I'd like to play the original version) :) .

Isn't the German version the original version?

Divinity must have been the game with the most disappointing end game that I have ever played.

You didn't play KotoR II :)

(Actually, I haven't played Div to the end, got it late, about 1.5 years ago, was loving it
but then I stopped playing for some reason and never got back to it, just restarted a new game this week, coincidentally).

Isn't the German version the original version?

No. Larian Studios is Belgian (Oudenaarde in Belgium where they are under Dutch influence for the most part), not German and the team is made up of people from a lot of nationalities. Their in-house language is English and they create their games in English language first and foremost.
The reason the German version was released first is simply because that was the first/only major region where they were able to secure a publishing deal so far.

You didn't play KotoR II

Oh, I did. But I thought that the story was pretty lame in KotOR 2 anyway. Yes, there were some interesting (though stereotypical) characters like Kreia but overall I found the game to be just really kinda slow and boring, even more so than the first part. That's why I didn't even pay much attention to the story towards the end. I was just glad that it finally ended ;) . I wouldn't even know about any loose ends or missing content. I thought that the end was OK for an unspectacular game of that kind.

Swen 'Lar' Vincke has posted on the Divinity forums that they are working on a remastered version of the original game for digital distribution, supporting modern operating systems, higher resolutions and possibly more:
Hello all,

Don't take this as an official announcement, but more as a bit of a heads up for you very much appreciated people still active in these parts of the forum. We've quietly been working on remastering the original
div.png
for release through digital distribution, upgrading it to work well with Vista/XP and supporting higher resolutions. Time permitting we'll probably even modify a couple of things, so here's the question. If you could choose only one thing, what's the thing you'd really like to see changed in the game code ?
Thanks to Mo on our forums.

More information.

Great news! I was recently thinking on playing Divine Divinity - but I guess I can put that off for a while! A higher resolutions would really work marvels ...

Love to see full widescreen resolutions supported.

I wanted to say "change nothing", but as i read this: yes divdiv on higher and wide resolution would be something.

Ah, and maybe shorten the boring end-game/end-level. Couldn´t play through it.

Boy it would really be great if they could rename it Divinity?

Back
Top Bottom