What games are you playing now?

Currently enjoying Psychonauts. Amazing game. :D Very very imaginative and the writing is great. I don't understand why some of these games don't gain the renown they deserve. Because I've not heard about it until after hearing the guys at NoobToob.

Psychonauts is outstanding, IMO. It's a 40 percent platform and 60 percent adventure game. I can't imagine any PC game enthusiast not enjoying the heck out of this title, even if on the surface it might not seem like your cup of tea.

I'm actually also playing Psychonauts. I must agree with danutz-plusplus: great game. I like all the different approaches to platforming or boss-fighting. It is always quite unique depending which head you're in.

Playing a bunch right now.
Been messing around with the Dues Ex Nameless Mod, Gothic 3, Drakensang and now The Sims 2 Apartment Life(don't laugh, that stupid bs that is going on over there at their forums made me want to reload it up again)

I think I might have ADHD :D I am trying to keep it down to 4 games at a time. This way I get bored with one and then I'll play one of the others for a while.

Love Gothic 3, Drakensange and The Sims 2. Not sure about the Dues Ex mod yet. It is a little different, but strangely addicting too.

Just finished the OC of The Witcher. Now I'm diving into the the extra adventures, starting with "Price of Neutrality".

Psychonauts is one of my all time favorite games. It is so full of original ideas and even though the game mechanics are indeed platformer-like I still marvel at the creativity displayed in basically all of the mind-scapes in the game.

As for myself, I've finally succumbed and purchased Left4Dead on Steam. However, I've not played as far as I had intended because I'm playing by myself and I'm continually being abandoned by my so-called teammates when I'm being pinned down by a hunter or held by a smoker and I'm not in their line of sight. Damn stupid AI ... Grrrrrrr!!!

I jumped for a little bit from Psychonauts to Oddworld : Abe's Oddysee and I must say it's a great platformer. The artwork is exquisite. And the puzzles pretty hard. Cool game.

There are apart from Abe's Exodus two alas ! xbox-only games from the same world: Munch's Odyssey, and Stranger's Wrath.

Excellent in nearly every aspect. I dare say it's better than Gothic 3 (prior to the v1.7 patch), maybe the best crpg in the last 5 years.

Yep, absolutely agree. But then I don't think that Gothic 3 is in the top 5 or perhaps even 10 cRPG's of the past 5 years.

But then I don't think that Gothic 3 is in the top 5 or perhaps even 10 cRPG's of the past 5 years.

That depends which Gothic 3 you're talking about, it's almost a completely different game now compared to its original release.

Unpatched yes, but name 10 crpgs that are better than G3+1.7CP.

Playing Deus Ex now, with DX:Invisible War in queue.

I haven't played DX in years, I almost forgot how good (and difficult) this game was. I've never played DXIW other than the demo.

I'm playing Mount&Blade right now, and the game sucked me in completely. I'm not sure how long it will last because it's a bit of a one-trick pony, but at the moment I enjoy it immensely. As an aside, I had installed a few graphics mods before I had even started the game up, which means that it even looks nice ;).

Just bought Kings Bounty but it wont work on my girlfriends laptop :(

I think I must warn of the German-language re-release of Majesty: It is a rip-off.

It seems - after a quick research - that it is NOT the Gold edition ! And it does NOT contain the "Northern Expansion" add-on !

I should've saved the money.

Now, once again, the German-language market will never get the full game - I mean the Gold edition. It was never there and it will never be there.

Even worse, the re-release never shows not even the slightest sign of any documentation.

Believe it or not, there isn't any !

I'm playing World of Goo.

Gooey! What a great little game this is! Pure fun*. :D
It's a little short, but for this price, it's well worth it.

*And some argh-argh-why-can't-I-beat-this frustration, if you so desire. ;)

I think I must warn of the German-language re-release of Majesty: It is a rip-off.

It seems - after a quick research - that it is NOT the Gold edition ! And it does NOT contain the "Northern Expansion" add-on !

I should've saved the money.

Now, once again, the German-language market will never get the full game - I mean the Gold edition. It was never there and it will never be there.

Even worse, the re-release never shows not even the slightest sign of any documentation.

Believe it or not, there isn't any !
What a ripoff! The expansion pack introduced random maps, which I really enjoyed a lot. Even without the expansion, though, you're still getting a very good game. IIRC, the original games had very skimpy manuals (cd case booklets primarily devoted to credits and legal junk), so you're actually not missing much on that front.

Back
Top Bottom