Things you don't need to know...

You asked for it, you got it. Not sure if it'll ever get published, but I'm writing all the time (for myself mostly), and you just secured a role in my current SciFi project :p.

Alicia McCormack received a bow from Prince William at a Sydney barbecue.

"... when I told him what I did, he smiled and bowed. I gave him a book ....... prince laughed and from then on he wanted to know all about me .... didn't want to talk about himself at all."

pibbur who bows to nobody. Except for wife, of course. And daughters. And bosses at work. And the prime minister whenever he meets him. And people being polite. BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT!!!!

Italian island of Montecristo has only two stable inhabitants.

The rest?

pibbur who is stable. At the moment. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The career of a horse named "Busted" was busted after one of his legs got ... busted. 1967. Same year he was named the British Horse of the Year.

pibbur who assumes there is a lesson to be learned here, but he's not sure exactly what.

Wikipedia seems to be somewhat biased towards Australian water polo these days. Below are excerpts from their "Did you know" columns in march:

2. Australian Stingers Ashleigh Southern, Glencora Ralph, Zoe Arancini, Rowena Webster and Nicola Zagame are five of seventeen water polo players trying to make the 2012 Summer Olympics squad?

3. Australian Stinger Kelsey Wakefield took a year off university in order to try to make the 2012 Summer Olympics in water polo?

4. Australian national team water polo player Hannah Buckling made the Australian junior team after 20 months of serious training with a new coach?

5. Alicia McCormack, a member of the Australia women's national water polo team, received a bow from Prince William at a Sydney barbecue?

6. Australian Stinger Jane Moran is only the second woman ever to have competed in 200 games in the National Water Polo League?

7. that Australian Stingers Rebecca Rippon, Kate Gynther and Melissa Rippon (pictured) had hopes of being the first set of Australian siblings to all compete in three consecutive Olympic Games?

8. the Antarctic sponge Homaxinella balfourensis prevents ice crystals from forming in its cells by the use of peptides with antifreeze properties?

9. Bronwen Knox captained the Australian Stingers at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing?

10. Charles Turner coached the Australian Institute of Sport men's water polo team before becoming the chief executive of the New South Wales Institute of Sport?

11. Australian Stinger Isobel Bishop is left-handed and has a water polo scholarship from the South Australia Institute of Sport?

There's probably a reason behind it, which eludes me at the moment. I guess our ozzie grandfather (Corwin) knows all about it.

pibbur who also wonders if there is a thing called "Water cricket"?

You'd need to visit down here to find out!! :) I'm not telling.

Todays water-polo announcement is not about Australia.

Today pibbur sorted nearly all his pocket books. Another successful application of the quicksort algorithm (combined with an insertion sort when subsets became sufficiently small).

pibbur who for some sets of things prefer a priority queue

Sorting algorythm for pockets ? Nah, I just call this "managed chaos". :p ;)

No water-polo messages from ozzieland on Wikipedia today either. The closest being:

1) The single-sided swingarm of the 1949 Imme R100 (pictured) was also the motorcycle's exhaust pipe?.

2) The barnacle Megabalanus tintinnabulum travelled from the tropics to the Netherlands by ship in 1764 and reached Western Australia in 1949.

Imme R100

I've seen the related Wikipedia article … "Imme" is an old-fashioned word (meaning that no-one uses it nowadays except people with the age of 70-80+ ) of the German word "Biene", which means "bee".

In Germany (and I assume elsewhere, too), the Bee is a symbol for fastness combined with … diligence ? I think this word fits it best.

Which means that this motorcycle was "as fast as a bee" or "as diligent as a bee" or so the name would suggest.

But you don't need to know that. ;)

Considering that the average speed of a flying bee on some websites is 15 mph, a motorcycle running as fast as a bee is somewhat modest in the speed department.

Last edited:
Probably not directly related to Australian water polo, sorry about that, but in the 2005 Total-Nonstop-Action-Wrestling-Sacrifice-pay-per-view-event, a raven called Scott Anthony Levy performed a Tyson using a pizza knife. And the forehead of a human called Jeff Jarrett.

pibbur who of course doesn't believe a word of it.

You asked for it, you got it. Not sure if it'll ever get published, but I'm writing all the time (for myself mostly), and you just secured a role in my current SciFi project :p.

Do I get a fancy Star Warish name?

pibbur who wonders if he would like to be an alien, something like a peaceful Alien, perhaps. Or a traeki? Definitely not a jophur.

Not many aliens are seen in this series' universe, and the few who are are hostile (it's a kind of space opera after all). Since everything is Earth-/National-Colonies-/Corporation-centric I had opted for a rather 'normal' human name, but as your alter ego hasn't appeared yet, everything is still possible ...

Actually you may like to know this, so it doesn't belong here, but who cares? Pibbur doesn't.

Here it comes: Today's featured article on Wikipedia (at least as seen from my part of the world) is Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss

pibbur who remembers UU1 fondly - the parts of the game he remembers.

Sachin Tendulkar of India becomes the first cricketer to score 100 international cricket centuries.

Right.

Back
Top Bottom