Hellgate London - Interview @ GamingTrend

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Gaming Trend has a 9-page transcript of a Hellgate: London demo walkthrough with Bill Roper - or - alternatively, you can listen to the audio (24Mb - direct link):
Gaming Trend: Allright, we’re gonna meet with Bill Roper and he’s gonna take us through Hellgate: London.
Bill Roper: Allright. Well, I’ve got a pretty recent build here, not the most recent, but fairly recent. [You have] six different character classes to choose from across three factions of the Templar, the Cabalists, and the Hunters. Within the Templar you have the Guardian which is kind of the tank style class with the heavy armor who actually has shield combat abilities. You’ll see the mideavial style armor here. Then you have the Blademaster – they are more of the heavily offense oriented, so whereas the Guardian uses shields and has a high defense, has a lot of auras that they use, really built around a tank concept.
More information.

I'll really be interested to see how this game plays out. Some things I read get me really psyched, then other things make me wonder...some interviews, Roper sounds like he's talking about a shooter, others, more arpg...I hope it doesn't end up a mish-mash of too many different elements.

But I have some faith in the team; hopefully it will all mesh together and work.

This is one of the things that had me lifting an eyebrow:

GT: So instead of just fireball and lightning bolt – the more traditional…

BR: Right, you get skills like that but really that is more of how you are shaping the magic or what types of magic you are tapping into whether it is poison or electrical or fire or spectral, and different types of ways you can shape it or deliver it, but then the actual power of that comes form the focus item, so the amount of damage is based on that item, just like when you are looking for swords or guns, the spellcaster also has that.

Not all that different than +skills wands, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom