Five Features That Changed Gaming @ GamePlanet

Seriously? I honestly can't fathom how it comes within a zillion miles of the best game ever made. Not trying to start a flame war - I just can't get my mind around your comment.
I agree - I love Star Wars (no kidding, eh?), love KotOR, and it isn't even my favorite Star Wars game of this decade. Actually it is my 4th fave, and probably 7th or 8th overall in terms of Star Wars rank. I've played it ~8 or so times, but haven't finished it again recently ...

I prefer games asking me "well, what's your opinion?" rather than "are you good or bad?".

Happily I'm playing a new game like that right now ... :)

Happily I'm playing a new game like that right now ... :)

Ok, I'll bite which game? I saw over at what're you playing now and you have a list of a few dozen;)

I'll take a wild guess and say Chinatown Wars :D

No, it wasn't. KotOR was a good game, but it was definitely not on par with BG2, not even close.

The two rank pretty close together in my personal list. There was *more* of BG2, in almost every way, but I don't know if it was any *better.* It had some incredibly tedious stretches and some incredibly bad game design, but also some incredibly exciting and compelling bits.

KOTOR's worst points, OTOH, weren't anywhere near as bad as BG2's -- and its best parts were damn close to BG2's best parts.

Neither are in my shortlist of all-time favorites.

Both are on mine. Shows how different people are.

KotOR is definetly my fav. SW game, and one of my top 10 favs of all time, but it was certainly not the first to have choices & consequences, or moral dilemmas.

BG2 is definitely on my list of all-time favorites, and it's probably #1 for a party-based crpg in my book.

KotOR was never very compelling to me at any point in the game, and I'm a big Star Wars fan. The fact that you were limited to only 3 characters in your party at any given time was a huge letdown for me. Not to mention combat was a breeze 99% of the time.

Exploring stuff like two intersecting corridors (actually, that was probably one of the bigger, more complex locations) and the pretty ordinary combat really brought it down for me. Plus, I killed that bitch Jaheira back in BG and she keeps coming back, even it's with a new name like Aribeth or Bastila.

Ok, I'll bite which game? I saw over at what're you playing now and you have a list of a few dozen;)

I'll take a wild guess and say Chinatown Wars :D

No - it is a RPG, for the PC. More than that I cannot say ;)

Both are on mine. Shows how different people are.

KotOR is definetly my fav. SW game, and one of my top 10 favs of all time, but it was certainly not the first to have choices & consequences, or moral dilemmas.
Like I say, I love KotOR, but here are a few Star Wars games I like better:
- Jedi Knight
- Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- Jedi Knight II
- Dark Forces
- X-Wing / Tie Fighter

#1 Cover: The feature of not wanting to get shot... as if any of these easy games really even need this type of feature. Just run up and kill your enemy.

#2 Yeah GTA is a real great example of moral dilemma. In GTA4 you can save some dumb girl who was a prostitute, despite the fact that you probably already killed 40 or so civilians by cutting through sidewalks. OMG DILEMMA!

#3 Achievements? Seriously? Are we gonna start receiving smiley stickers soon too for finding all teh purple boxes or some shit?

#4 CO OP?!?! IS THIS SUPPOSE TO BE NEW OR SOME SHIT?

#5 Sandbox games... an excuse not to fill your game with dialogue and diversity.

SO I guess this is it then, this is the golden peak of gaming?

I wish they'd stop making these lists as if games are some sort of art form. Games are a means of making money, nothing more and the kids eat it up because "OMG I UNLOCKED ALL TEH EXECUTION MOVES, I BANGED TEH WHORE IN TEH CAR, IT WAD DEEP CUZ I SAVED TEH LIFE" oh well...

Back
Top Bottom