Two Worlds II - Preview @ GameBanshee

Korplem

Shipwreck
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GameBanshee has a fairly positive preview of Two Worlds II from their time spent at E3.
To say that Reality Pump's Two Worlds sequel looks better, plays better, and runs better than the original would be a serious understatement. However, when you consider the state in which the first Two Worlds shipped (despite having some solid RPG mechanics underneath its horrendous framerate and painful animations), I suppose it really doesn't take much. That's not to say I don't have a few reservations about the sequel - I do - but it's promising to see that the teams involved are making every effort to bring Two Worlds II to a loftier position in your game library than the first one will ever reach.
More information.

Now, I had huge issues with the original myself; but I bet that these "positive" reviews are getting real old, real fast, from the companies’ perspective. I have yet to see one positive thing said about part two, without a corresponding slam at part one.

Which sounds as if you have already played it.

It's depressing that derivative, buggy games like this get sequels, while games with flawed greatness like alpha protocol don't. I mean, love or hate AP, it'd be hard to argue two worlds was better or more worthy of a second chance.

Two Worlds was terrible. The combat absolutely sucked. The menus were the worst I've ever had to use, ever in a game. I had to try to remember or "figure out" how to use the map, inventory, etc., time after time.

I actually had a soft spot for the goofy dialog, stupid script and corny voice acting. It was so appallingly bad that I kind of liked it. Probably my favorite part of the whole game. I never came close to finishing it though.

Will definitely wait to read several reviews before even considering purchasing this new one.

I think they'd have been better off calling it something else other than Two Worlds II, which sounds pretty bad anyway, and dropping the connection to the first game. There wouldn't have been quite so many comparisons to the original in every preview, and I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't even consider buying it just because it has 'Two Worlds' in the title.

Don't you underestimate the ability of Germans to creaty silly-sounding titles !

Their master work was "Divine Divinity" !

can't wait. i even liked tw1, really good for fans of exploring and looting.. still, far too few RPG's has decent exploring, i wouldnt even touch a RPG like Alpha Protocol...

The first one was about a guy's incestuous interest in his Goth-girl sister, right? :D I actually finished TW1 and I'm still not sure what it was supposed to be about.

There are too few open-world exploration games of this size to ignore anything, really.

I enjoyed the first for what it was. Hopefully I'll enjoy the sequel, but you'll have to wait for a review to find out for sure!! :) Now if only they'd send me a free copy. :D

Yeah I also enjoyed the first for what it is. Open world RPG's are my preference. Didn't like Witcher RPG-on-rails nor Dragon Age RPG-on-rails nor Mass Effects-on-rails.

I hope they can deliver a good game. Fingers crossed.

I actually finished TW1 and I'm still not sure what it was supposed to be about.

I'm pretty sure it was about cramming as many instances of "verily" and "forsooth" as possible in one game, but I could be wrong..

I take a break and try to read gaming news sites every now and then expecting something new and interesting..

BUT NOOOOO!

Every damn site out there is filled with news on these same 3 games or developers out there (eg. BioWare, Two Worlds, Fallout Vegas, DeusEx: HumanRev..). I think it gets worse on RPGwatch since they don't report indie RPG's, we get same generic news over and over and over..

I think it gets worse on RPGwatch since they don't report indie RPG's, we get same generic news over and over and over..

I don't know what you mean by this, since I think we are one of the most supportive sites of (relevant) indies on the 'net. What games (and related news) are we missing?

Oh I didn't mean you don't support Indie games AT ALL, I meant you guys don't report JRPG's (or games made with RPG Maker, to be precise) by Indies, which could be a welcome addition (and really, better than seeing whole main page plastered with interviews and comic updates from same AAA games every other day).

But I can't blame you, other sites also only report "relevant" indies only. Anyways, if you want to wade through RPG maker crap then usually you can find sites like Indigamer (forum) have announcements from good developers only, or what you call relevant ones.

We have never reported on JRPG's; that is not our market. We attempt to support and encourage all other types of RPG's as much as we can which is why my review of Swords and Sorcery Underworld should hopefully be appearing this week. For a volunteer site where we usually pay for the games we review, I think we do an excellent job, but perhaps I'm biased!!

I think ortucis is volunteering to buy and review some titles for you ;)

As a full priced title TW wasn't good, but there were enough fun elements to make it worth the bargain it became on Steam. Hopefully TW2 will be worthy of a full price purchase.

there are still a few shops selling the Colector's Edition of Two World 1 ... Dunno wzhether the xbox version or the Pc version, because both have exacttly identical packaging ... Except from the sys reqs, maybe ...

Enjoyed the first, look forward to the sequel. Oct. 5th, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom