The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I don't have a build planner installed on my borrowed computer. So I can't do a full build. However, IIRC Spellsinger requires a meta-magic feat to qualify. And extend doesn't count.

Do you want a more melee-focused one or a more caster focused one? Bards can do either, with the ability to have either switch over to the off-specialty at need.

I'll be around. I quit my job so I don't have to work Saturday. Full session! I'll probably bring in Cairii since Pump is 17 now, unless everyone else has caught up.

Temple of Vol is the only quest some of us have left to do before taking 17.

I'll bring in Cairii then switch. What are we running after we take 17? Harbringer? 15 is kinda light on quests, so we won't be spending much time there. There's Litany, which we'll likely be 28 before flagging for, Harbringer, and I think that's about it.

I think Harbinger and Acit Wit + Delirium are the quests we need to do. I only have 5 of the 8 pieces in Necro 4 for Litany. So if we do that quest we need to farm rares and quests in Necro 4.

I think Harbinger and Acit Wit + Delirium are the quests we need to do. I only have 5 of the 8 pieces in Necro 4 for Litany. So if we do that quest we need to farm rares and quests in Necro 4.
Correct, and we'll run Harbinger first so that Acid Wit and Delirium can be used as fill-ins. This is the reason why we needed to do Necro4, outside of Reywind getting to see them for the first time. We needed to get some progress into level 17 because there isn't enough lvl15 content to get us thru an entire level. Most likely, we'll end up running either the Vale or the Bridge chain (Spinner) "under level".

I am assuming you have only 28 point builds and no additional races. Human works well for Bard, with an extra +1 CHA from enhancements and an extra feat. The healing amp enhancements also help make your healing spells hit yourself harder, so you don't need metamagics to make them effective, at least for yourself.

Stats:
STR: 14 (6 points)
DEX: 8
CON: 14 (6 points) - 16 (10 points, only if you have 32 point builds)
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHA 18 (16 points) - Put all level ups into here.

Skills: Max these skills out. With a human, you will have six skill points to spread around.

Balance - A Bard, or anyone, laying on their back is dead.
Perform - The basis for your song DCs, and unlocks some autogranted songs.
Concentration - Allows you to keep casting when getting hit in combat.
UMD - Allows you to use wands, scrolls, and items you otherwise couldn't use.

This leaves you with 2. Diplomacy can be used to dump aggro on someone else, as well as for certain situations in various quests. Jump is handy throughout the game, but is often readily available from arcanes. Bluff is another useful social skill like diplomacy.

Feats:

Level: Feat
1: Toughness - For Hit points.
1H: Magical Training - Adds 80sp and Echoes of Power, not particularly needed, but the echoes can help while you learn. Swap if desired.
3: Spell Focus: Enchantment
6: Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
9: Empower Healing
12: Heighten Spell
15: Quicken Spell
18: Spell Penetration
21: Inspire Excellence
24: Epic Spell Focus Enchantment
27: Greater Spell Penetration.

Personally, I would drop Magical Training and move the feats up in order, which would enable me to eventually take Epic Spell Penetration. Another alternative is Power Attack for when you are in melee, which will be fairly often. That will add up to 10 damage with a two handed weapon. Use the spell Master's Touch to gain proficiency.

As a caster Bard, you'll be relying on a lot of enchantment spells. This pretty much cannot get much better DCs without a past life in both Bard and Wizard, and that would get very feat tight.

JM can offer a pretty good alternative as well, if she ever logs on.

Push come to shove, Vol is a fairly fast run for XP, if we need to farm at some point. I should start seeing parts come in starting next week so I may be able to come in and help out more soon.

*Edit* All parts should be coming in next week. I ended up getting it all through Amazon.

Last edited:
On the Bard, I would put Quicken spell higher. One of the best CC's available is disco ball, but it is a SLOW cast. I found it MUCH more effective when I used quicken.

I am assuming you have only 28 point builds and no additional races. Human works well for Bard, with an extra +1 CHA from enhancements and an extra feat. The healing amp enhancements also help make your healing spells hit yourself harder, so you don't need metamagics to make them effective, at least for yourself.

Stats:
STR: 14 (6 points)
DEX: 8
CON: 14 (6 points) - 16 (10 points, only if you have 32 point builds)
INT: 8
WIS: 8
CHA 18 (16 points) - Put all level ups into here.

Skills: Max these skills out. With a human, you will have six skill points to spread around.

Balance - A Bard, or anyone, laying on their back is dead.
Perform - The basis for your song DCs, and unlocks some autogranted songs.
Concentration - Allows you to keep casting when getting hit in combat.
UMD - Allows you to use wands, scrolls, and items you otherwise couldn't use.

This leaves you with 2. Diplomacy can be used to dump aggro on someone else, as well as for certain situations in various quests. Jump is handy throughout the game, but is often readily available from arcanes. Bluff is another useful social skill like diplomacy.

Feats:

Level: Feat
1: Toughness - For Hit points.
1H: Magical Training - Adds 80sp and Echoes of Power, not particularly needed, but the echoes can help while you learn. Swap if desired.
3: Spell Focus: Enchantment
6: Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
9: Empower Healing
12: Heighten Spell
15: Quicken Spell
18: Spell Penetration
21: Inspire Excellence
24: Epic Spell Focus Enchantment
27: Greater Spell Penetration.

Personally, I would drop Magical Training and move the feats up in order, which would enable me to eventually take Epic Spell Penetration. Another alternative is Power Attack for when you are in melee, which will be fairly often. That will add up to 10 damage with a two handed weapon. Use the spell Master's Touch to gain proficiency.

As a caster Bard, you'll be relying on a lot of enchantment spells. This pretty much cannot get much better DCs without a past life in both Bard and Wizard, and that would get very feat tight.

JM can offer a pretty good alternative as well, if she ever logs on.

skill focus perform at 3 if you want virtuoso by level 6, other than that, this is good.

I don't normally take heighten, I usually take a weapon feat like two handed fighting, I haven't decided which way I'm going yet on sherina. I have helf dilly fighter, so have no need for masters touch.

skill focus perform at 3 if you want virtuoso by level 6, other than that, this is good.

I don't normally take heighten, I usually take a weapon feat like two handed fighting, I haven't decided which way I'm going yet on sherina. I have helf dilly fighter, so have no need for masters touch.

The reason for Heighten is that this was meant as a caster build primarily, not a hybrid or a full melee. Also Spellsinger, not Virtuoso.

If you want Virtuoso, swap Magical Training for SF: Perform (I think there are other available pre-reqs though, I'd have to check).

Either works fine, with Virt having better CC songs, more of them, and regenerating songs, and Spellsinger having effectively infinite spell points.

Next Friday I will be unavailable. I have a concert to got to, and I didn't realize it was Friday, kept thinking it was on a Thursday.

We could run next Friday on our level 19-20 and get Dhedkat to level 20 so he can TR. Or we coudl run on our lower levels. I have a level 3 fighter and a level 14 cleric.

I have only a level 15 who could run with your 14; my next lowest is 10. I'd be happy to run my level 20 AA.

Is he 20 already? Are you planning to TR anybody soon? My cleric is holding 15 and soon at the wall at 16. He has just completed the level 12 quests and can begin on level 13 quests.

It doesn't look like Reywind has a toon in that level range. If you and Reywind TR a toon or make a new one then you can get them up to level 3 and we could have a low level run. If Dhedkat is the one that will TR then getting him to 20 is probably what we should do.

I will likely consider TR'ing DK after he reaches 20, but not until hearts go on sale. My AA reached 20 a few weeks ago!!

Might not hurt for each of us to spell out a plan (totally binding, on penalty of death by internet shaming, naturally) for our toons. With Peter only running 4 paladins of various classes, he's a little more constrained than the rest of us. Soooooo…

Next TR for "the group": Klubbir
Current lvl: 20
Intended build: 2nd life, WF archmage wizzy
Needs to complete prior to TR: Shroud shards and mats to build a con-op cloak
Heart status: one in the bank for this toon

Corwin's might look something like this:
Next toon for the group: Dhedkhat
Current lvl: 19
Intended build: 2nd life, halfling arty and professional soul stone
To Do List: get capped, farm and upgrade a beholder docent out of Harbinger2
Heart: Ain't be gottin' and uncertain when it will happen

Most of y'all haven't updated your rosters over in MMO in months, which could help answer some of these questions. You are be having muchly of the shame. Macht schnell! Raus!

I farmed Servants of the overlord for the 20 tokens. Its not bad at all on hard. Normal only gives fragments but hard and elite gives tokens.

Are tokens bound to Char, or Acc? If Acc, I might check what I have; which baggie would that be again??!! :)

Back
Top Bottom