Bigger dialogue text (Mod)

My pleasure dude, it's just a shame that the dialogs are so shite! I think my next project will be to review and improve them.

I've done the missions and the radio messages (included in Wesp's next patch), but the bland / sometimes incomprehensible dialogs remain the number one enjoyment killer for me.

Heh, yeah, they kind of are, but I don't mind them so much. I'll definitely check your your stuff in the patch, if Wesp doesn't change too many core gameplay things. :p

No he hasn't changed core gameplay things at all, just corrected things where required.

I've started work on the dialogs too now, they'll take me a couple of months I'm guessing but I can't play the game with them as they are!

Right on. I look forward to the next patch then. Thanks for all your hard work -- yours and Wesp, et al -- on this game. I'm already very much enjoying it when I have time to play.

I wish American studios still made ambitious games like these two from Deep Shadows. Seems like most of the interesting stuff, at least to me, comes out of Russia, Eastern Europe or Germany.

My pleasure dude, it's just a shame that the dialogs are so shite! I think my next project will be to review and improve them.

I've done the missions and the radio messages (included in Wesp's next patch), but the bland / sometimes incomprehensible dialogs remain the number one enjoyment killer for me.

Hear, hear! Definitely agree with this. It wasn't such a big deal in the first island. I mean it's still laughable, but tolerable. From the second island onwards, dialogue starts to border on annoying, and at times crosses the line with huge amounts of text that are jarring and tedious to decipher.

Now each time I start up the game, I'm really only looking forward to the shooting parts, which are, thankfully, very solid. If the dialogue wasn't so painful to read, and the game had received more polish, WG could have been the Deus Ex of this generation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom