Original Sin - Preview @ PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Gamer serves up a preview of Divinity: Original Sin that originated in the print magazine, which probably means there is nothing new here, but fans might want to check it out. On the co-op conversation system:
Conversations require dual input. I’m shown an example: both characters are informed of a drug problem among the wollock (think kobolds, but taller) population. Sven and Original Sin producer David Walgrave pinpoint the illegal source of drudanae (Rivellon’s take on class A drugs) to a nearby house. After some mild home invasion, the source of the stuff emerges as a local woman. She gives both players the choice: to turn her in, or to help her out, clearing a nearby cave of enemies, sorting her woes and curtailing the drug trade in one move. Sven sticks rigidly to the law, choosing when called first in conversational order to hand her over to the fantasy fuzz. His partner swings the other way, preferring to go adventuring and clearing the woman’s name in the process. Sven considers it for a moment, before acquiescing, via written dialogue, to his pal’s decision. If they’d disagreed, the decision would be down to a roll against both characters’ charisma stats.
More information.

Inquisitor was like an unexpected surprise, this will be like waiting for an order of new basketball

I said it before I will say it again. The more I hear about this game the more I want it. It's quickly becoming my most Anticipated game.

I especially like this:

"The second full-fledged Divinity game suffered as a result. “Divinity 2 was a bad idea in the end. We had to make so many compromises to get it working on this stupid machine,” – Sven points to an Xbox 360 copy of the game – “that it was but a shadow of what was the original vision.”

Wow, turn based combat. Now that's interesting and unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom