Age of Decadence - New Video, Screens

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Iron Tower has released a new video of the long-awaited Age of Decadence, showing improved visuals, status icons, sounds and (presumably) music - it all looks surprisingly polished compared to the combat beta we saw so long ago. The clip shows part of the Assassins Guild quest chain, with an emphasis on a large-ish battle. Here's some comments from Lead Artist, Oscar:
The video shows the second Assassins Guild's quest, the game flow, a night map, fire particles for the easily amused, the PC fighting with allies (just because you don't have an entourage of emotionally scarred people with troubled past doesn't mean you have to save the world all by your awesome self), and an optional third-person view.

Btw, see that alchemist guy with a crossbow? If you keep him alive, he'll give you something nice, which will increase your chances of staying alive in the third Assassins Guild's quest from 5% to 12.7%. Just sayin'.
You'll also find some new screens along with the video over at their forums.
More information.

Damn, this looks great.

Damn, this looks great.

I agree. All I know is that back when the first combat demo came out and release seemed imminent, I felt at that point the game was doomed. I certainly couldn't understand the building hype. I know quite a few people bashed it and now after an even longer wait the game finally looks promising. Whats the ETA?

Looks like a whole new game almost. God, that demo was awful to play.

Did I mention lately how much I want this game? Well, I do and can't wait for it to be released. In a perfect universe AOD would be released 1 month before Dead State. Gives me a chance to play AOD and then step right into Dead State :D

That's not going to happen, but like Dhruin, I'm surprised by the level of polish on this game. It's so much different than the combat demo. Hopefully this means it's not too far away now.

I was anticipating this game the most some time ago, and it sort of fell off my radar screen a bit. I'm glad to see it looking so good. The combat demo was a bit clunky. While this was probably my most-anticipated game, I'm afraid it has been trumped by Dead State. Definitely picking this one up, too, though.

Back
Top Bottom