Legend of Grimrock - Life After Beta

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From the Grimrock site:
Hellouu! This week’s update contains stuff from the last two weeks since last week’s big feature here on the blog was the beta trailer and the new screenshots. It’s getting increasingly difficult to compile these lists since we are not adding that many new shiny things into the game but instead we focus more and more on the small details, bugs and balancing.
Here we go:
* You can write notes on the map now. We are also redoing the map background graphics and layout to look better and show more information.
* 2 final levels have been reworked quite a bit. The flow of these levels clearly needed improvement.
* More character portraits have been added (19 total now).
* Graphics and audio options have been implemented.
* Added support for treasure maps.
* Game statistics have been implemented. For example, you can now track the number of monsters killed, items found and most importantly your progress on the secrets.
* The tutorial has been improved and extended quite a bit.
* Added compass item which should be helpful if you dare to play in old school mode (no auto-map).
* Work on adding special attacks for monsters has started.
* And of course lots and lots of bug fixes and polishing.
Next up:
* More bug fixing and polishing.
* Add a few more spells and potions for extra variety.
* Testing, testing, testing…
More information.

Well, I finally took a look at it. I thought it was a hack n' slash game along the lines of scallywag or the Soldak titles.

It actually looks quite impressive. I will definitely keep an eye on this from now on.

Sounds better and better, and I'm glad they gave up on the original too-short development cycle.

I will definitely be playing this in old school mode.
Maybe in the sequel, they can include a bonus for us old schoolers… such as hidden treasure rooms or even a bonus level only evident when hand mapped with graph paper.

Back
Top Bottom