Sam & Max: Season 1

Looks like two more came out while I wasn't watching.

Yep ... I just wish I had the time to play the last one ...

I have no time at all for anything. Although a Sam & Max episode I can plug out in a weekend.

--

the fifth and final episode of Season 2 was just released: What's New Beelzebub?

Man, it just makes you want to shoot rabitty things.

So why don't you just write them that they release the games in your opinion too fast ?

Without feedback, there's no change possible.

Yeah, I still haven't finished the previous episode: Chariots of the Dogs! Of course, I should stop playing other computer games. That might make some time for Sam & Max. ;) But Season 1 & 2 were two of the best purchases of recent times!

So why don't you just write them that they release the games in your opinion too fast ?

Without feedback, there's no change possible.

Yeah, but these are 2 - 4 hour episodes released monthly. Hard to argue that is too fast, really.

Okay, I see.

Playing games takes me away from homework - so I haven't exactly been looking. Now that Season 2 is over, we're going to have to wait longer for the next one. :(

I did notice in Night of the Raving Dead we had Sam & Max "dancing". A saw the preview trailer for S&M:Freelance Police again and I noticed they were dancing there too. One wonders if Purcell is recycling some of his stories.

It also doesn't look bad - why on God's green earth won't Lucasarts just release it?

Not least of all because they lost the licence to S&M, that's how Telltale got to make the past 2 and hopefully much more.

I recently finished Season 2 and all I can say is - it fantastic. At some point around E03 I felt really awkward, as if something was missing from this season (as compared to the previous one) but Chariot of the Dogs and the finale really made up everything!

I don't think they lost it as much as they gave it away.

If you look at the timing of the canceling anything that's not Star Wars it almost coincides with the new films. George lost $200m in his divorce and he'd been operating IL&M at a loss for years it turns out so he turned the company around after that. One wonders if S&M and everything else was a casualty for the same reason considering it was nearly finished.

I can't really say, but it is true LA has given up on (almost?) everything not SW related for reasons that probably only they know. On the other hand I think that in a way the TT Sam & Max seasons are the unreleased Freelance police. Even the graphics seem similar (if not identical).

The REAL reason why LucasArts cancelled Sam & Max 2 :

Production seemed to be going well, but in March 2004, Freelance Police was unexpectedly cancelled. "I can still remember the chill that went down my spine when our marketing department informed me that the entire population of European adventure game players had, over the course of less than three months, died," says Stemmle. "You'd think a massacre of such proportions would've been reported more widely." LucasArts officially attributed the decision to "current marketplace realities" and "underlying economic conditions" and, in one fell swoop, caused Sam & Max fans around the world to weep. Openly.

Source : The Summer of Sam & Max 2007

Another thing too, it was never really there's to give away. Steve Purcell always held the rights so I assume it was a license agreement. Nevertheless that dance number in Rave is pretty suspicious. Here's the original trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dAK8mNoMoQ

hmm..I just realize the Desodo went from a hard top to a convertible. Can't they ust leave tradition alone? Some things are sacred!

I hate the Sam's voice actor in that trailer, good heaven's they changed him for the episodes.

The desoto thing is probably for better aim and broade range. IT must be more convinient (not to mention way cooler) in ways we can't even imagine to shooting out of a convertible than from a hard-top's window :)

Back
Top Bottom