CD Projekt RED - The Witcher: Rise of the Wolf Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It's a shame to spoil the Treasure Hunt fun but the news will get around quickly and we may as well be up to date. VoodooExtreme has a trailer for The Witcher: Rise of the Wolf - a console version of The Witcher. Word is "an all-new engine, Rise of the Wolf will include re-engineered assets, Sixaxis support, and a raft of other bonus goodies to satiate console gamers".
More information.

I saw the Treasure Hunt announcement earlier and planed to get to it eventually, I'm glad I've been to busy.

There's also something in the Coming Soon section on Good Old Games--I have no idea how it fits in with a console version, but it says the clues take you there(they didn't take me there, but I cheated and read some comments):
Wolfhunt

1) A console version of the witcher is great news.

2) Are you so sure this is related to the hunt? ;)

Damn why should console players have such a great game?I think it would be better if it would remain a PC exclusive.

Awww, I got excited and thought this was the sequel/prequel/expansion pack.
Me to

Damn why should console players have such a great game?
Are you serious?! I didn't think RPGwatch had any completely selfish members :(

I think it would be better if it would remain a PC exclusive.
But it's already come out on the PC. And we've had an enhanced edition for free. How can releasing it on a console suddenly take back the fun we've had playing the game?

Because this version has Moar! :( Yes, they should keep it PC only.

I hope they don't release it on PC and charge $50 for it as an expansion pack... I hope it would be a free download like EE.

Its simple, if it success on console, next witcher will be a port from consola to pc?

PC games are dead, just port we are receiving every year, thankz microsoft for your shitty xbox?.
________
Gsx650F

Last edited:
I just believe RPGs are not for consoles.Call me selfish if you will but I believe it wont be cRPG anymore I'm afraid it'll turn into something like fallout or fable ports to PC.
There are people who believe that FF to xbox will be a betrayal,what would you call them?

PC games are dead
Thats exactly what I'm afraid of

I thought they weren't in making The Witcher for the money. I thought they wanted.... BETRAYAL! Death to them!

What is Sixaxis ? And why are there no bonus goddesses ? :p

Sixaxis:
300px-Sixaxis_ps3_controller.jpg

I look at it this way - Civilization Revolution on consoles did nothing to ruin Civ 4 ...

Yes, I must admit i'm a little jealous over the supposedly cooler, fancier console version. But I also think that CDProjekt won't let it's initial fan base down. I think we will see the sequel released as a PC version first.

I also don't think that the clue hunt has anything to do with the console version announcement. Judging by that link Magerette posted I'd say we're in for another surprise!

Something tells me though they are making a console version for the money, contrary to what they initially stated as the development goal of The Witcher. Sure, they could be trying to spread the audience, but the PC version already sold more than one million copies... I think they are hypocrites and we should boycott this game.

Something tells me though they are making a console version for the money,

I think they are hypocrites and we should boycott this game.

REALLY!!! A business trying to make MONEY!!! My god, what is the world coming to?

I hope you were kidding with that last post. "Hypocrites" ...."boycott"??? They've done more for their fans than most other companies and because they are making one for a console you want to boycott them. Well, you go right ahead and boycott them, I'll be playing whatever they make and having a blast.

Back
Top Bottom