InXile Entertainment - Preview for Hunted: Demon's Forge @ Game Revolution

aries100

SasqWatch
GameRevolution has made a preview for Hunted: Demon's Forge. Here's a snip:
While the plot starts you off on the familiar quest of epic lootage that fans of the genre are all too familiar with, the real point at which Hunted becomes its own game is in the gameplay. This is not a game that will saturate you with menus and character management. In fact, it seems more like a wizards and dragons version of Gears of War than it resembles any RPGs I can recall playing in the recent past. It's an oversimplification, but that's essentially what you can look forward to, only instead of chainsaw guns, you get magic spells and ice arrows, which is a fair trade-off.
More information.

Thank god! I was getting tired of all these deep character driven hard core RPGs. It's about time we got another RPG-lite hack & slash. A sexy elf chick with a bow and a barbarian with a sword, I'm intrigued!

Will Hunted: The Demon's Forge make us change the way the world views a genre almost exclusively populated by D&D nerds and bring it to the mainstream gamer

Yeah, those D&D nerds sure have been dominating the RPG genre lately. Every where I look it's thick taped glasses and confusing character stats. I'm glad someone's finally taking the initiative to streamline some of that boring garbage and finally make a mainstream RPG!

Snooze....no thanks.

Yea we need more dumbed down games.

I don't play non-RPGs much, but I like Gears Of War series. And if ithis game will be able to deliver solid gameplay then Gears Of War plus wizards&dragons formula is ok for me.

I was still willing to give these guys a chance after The Bard, but if there is a shitty game design like gow or ME2 where you are forced into cover to shoot magic (that even sounds stupid typing it) then these guys have driven off a cliff or maybe it's crack.

I don't play non-RPGs much, but I like Gears Of War series. And if ithis game will be able to deliver solid gameplay then Gears Of War plus wizards&dragons formula is ok for me.

I agree, it's funny to hear people cry about the fact that it's action oriented. If you don't like these types of games then just don't play them. This game kinda reminds me of Dark Messiah of M&M, it could serve as a nice diversion between crpgs for me. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

I agree, it's funny to hear people cry about the fact that it's action oriented. If you don't like these types of games then just don't play them. This game kinda reminds me of Dark Messiah of M&M, it could serve as a nice diversion between crpgs for me. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

The problem is when the article mentions
This is not a game that will saturate you with menus and character management.
as if that was the norm nowadays, when in fact, it's the other way around.

The problem is when the article mentions
as if that was the norm nowadays, when in fact, it's the other way around.

I don't see any reason to believe it was meant that way. I think he/she was simply pointing out a characteristic of the game.

I took it the same way, hence my sarcastic first post. It was the general tone of the article, reinforced by the dig at D&D fans at the end.

The author was probably put off by super complicated *snicker* DA and is looking forward to game a little bit more intellectually appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom