Divine Divinity - Available at Good Old Games

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Finally, Divine Divinity is available now on GoG, with Beyond Divinity following in a few weeks. This release of Divine Divinity contains the latest patch and has the following extras:
General:

• Feature: Allow more resolutions
  • Feature: Recreated config tool
  • Fixed numerous crashes and freezes
  • Fixed: encumbrance could make items disappear
  • Feature: Tooltips of damage stats on stat screen improved
Skills:

• Fixed: Spellbooks no longer ignore level requirements
  • Fixed: All weapon expertise skills give percentile bonuses instead of static bonuses
  • Fixed: True Sight damage is now actually used
  • Fixed: Bow and crossbow expertise bonuses are now actually used
  • Fixed: Divine Eye removes the fog of war
  • Fixed: Deadly Gift's Scorpion Trap is less powerful
  • Fixed: Resurrected enemies die after region swap
Here is the info from GoG:

A Touch of Divinity at GOG.com
Shortly before the release of Divinity II: Ego Draconis, the first two entries in the acclaimed RPG series are revived at the DRM-free digital distribution site.
Warsaw, Poland – October 29, 2009. GOG.com (http://www.gog.com), the only place that brings back affordable memories from gamers’ youth with no DRM, has signed an agreement with Belgian independent game developer, Larian Studios. Thanks to the agreement, fans of role-playing games around the world are getting the opportunity to play DRM-free and XP & Vista compatible versions of Larian’s acclaimed Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. The first part of the series is now available on GOG.com for only $5.99, while Beyond Divinity will be available soon for $9.99!

In 2002, as many RPGs made the transition to full 3D environments, the creators of Divine Divinity decided to make a classic isometric RPG which, as stated by PC Zone, became “living proof that, when tailored by the right hands, isometric RPGs can still be as captivating and challenging as their 3D counterparts.” The game takes the player on a fantastic quest in a land torn apart by corruption and dark magic. …More information.

Great news! I'm going to buy it right away. :D

6$ - that's a steal
bought it, even though I still got my boxed copy here :D

Another great release from GOG and extremely tempting. I bought several titles already even though i finish none of them due busy schedule.

Ah, so that's what the "re-mastered" edition was for! Anyone knows whether it's going to be exclusive for the GoG release, or if it's also going to be released as a patch?

I'm more than willing to shell out another $6 to play the game again with the new resolutions though - if that's what it takes :)

Great addition,might be worth those bucks.

Do GoG games work on windows 7?

I'm glad they didn't go with Impulse exclusively, I hate those guys.

I don't need Impulse.

I'm impulsive all by myself. :lol:

$5.99 ... wow, I assumed $10, as that is what I paid for Beyond Divinity from GamersGate. I actually clicked buy the moment I got home, and didn't notice the price until later ...

IIRC there was one nasty 'feature' You had to have at least 1 point in pick-pocket to make progress beyond a certain point. Is this fixed?

I highly recommend this to anyone who hasn't played DD yet, just because it appears to be almost free, and less buggy. I thought it was quite a fantastic game!

Last edited:
Bought it. Saw the retail box in Best Buy for $10 very recently but remembered that this was coming out and would be updated as now it has been. Played for about 3-4 hours so far and really enjoying it. In some ways, isometric just plays better for RPG's and every recent 3d RPG I've played has failed for me in some way or another.

The game is certainly designed for low res, because at 1920x1200 even on a 26" display, things are too small. So I bumped it up to 1280x960 which is tolerable. Still, it's a fun game so far. Maybe medium diff is too easy. This is the year of the RPG, no doubt.

Bought it.

Not sure if I'll actually play it much, but at that price supporting it was too alluring.

IIRC there was one nasty 'feature' You had to have at least 1 point in pick-pocket to make progress beyond a certain point. Is this fixed?

I don't recall that ... never took any pick-pocket skills in the many times I played.

does anyone know which resolutions it can handle?

Well the default resolution is 1024x768. There is however a text file that can be manually edited to change the resolution. I tried 1920x1200 and it worked. It looks like it could take any figure, but know that the graphics can't 'zoom in', so on a pixel level, the game is locked no matter what resolution you set. On my 26" screen, 1280x960 is about the smallest I find playable.

So the higher the resolution you set, the smaller things get in the game. On a 30" screen, 2500 x 1920 would IMO, not be playable because things would be much too small.

i have a 50" / 1080p (1920x1080) meh, will probably buy it anyways, DD is an old time favorite :)

Back
Top Bottom