Mass Effect - Steam Sale

I didn't want to put this in the headline since it's not an rpg, but for the next 13 hours you can get all of the new Sam & Max Episodes for 14.99. I'm loving these prices. I've already bought it for myself and some family members.

So Mass Effect was released May 6, 2008 and it takes until now to reach a price like this. If that's standard procedure, I'm gonna have to wait until what, mid 2011 to pick up Dragon Age for $5? I'm not sure I can do it.:'(

Longer than that, because you aren't likely to see a sale like this in May. Maybe two years from now it will get that cheap.

well.
thats a bargain.

everyone should get this, to get his own opinion on ME.

ME isn't the greatestt game and heck the so called rpg qualites leave a lot to be desired, but if you enjoy good old soap opera in scifi setting similar to battlestar galactica and babylon 5 tv-series I wouldn't pass such a bargain. :)

I am using these to fill out my digital copies of games ... almost bought ME before I remembered I had it from D2D already ... wouldn't have been the first, I suppose ...

Next up on the sale: Morrowind GOTY

I wish they would have a sale on something I don't already have.

Yeah, no kidding :) . I still managed to grab quite a few games from this holiday sale (Red Alert 3 today for example) but I know that I will be a lot more conservative in my budget range (games <= EUR 25.00) purchases this year. This year I'll wait for the Steam holiday sale instead. I easily got enough gaming material from this holiday sale alone to last me until Christmas... ummm... 2016 ;) .

Longer than that, because you aren't likely to see a sale like this in May. Maybe two years from now it will get that cheap.

Too true. Ahh, I'll never make it that long anyway. Maybe I can hold out until it gets down to 20 bucks though.

However for comparison, Fallout 3 was released Oct 28, 2008, over a year ago (is that right?), and it's still 30 bucks, at gogamer.com anyway.

Being a cheapskate is hard.

On topic, Mass Effect is worth $5, though I'd rather it had been less cinematic.

Iirc I paid $40 for ME, and I don't regret it. It has flaws but I think it's a solid game, and it's made better by the fact that there are so few sci-fi crpgs.

I agree. A Sci-fi RPG would have to be awfully bad for me to pass it up, and Mass Effect comes nowhere close to being a bad game. I paid near full price for it. I don't regret it, but if I'd had my way it would have had a more standard inventory system and less cinematic dialogue.

I may be goofy, and I'm sure I'm in the minority in that I'd usually rather just read well-written dialogue than hear it spoken and have it acted out, maybe for the same reason I'd rather read a book than see the movie equivalent. Though I like Bioware games, I don't care for the way they've handled dialogue since NWN2 or maybe even before (Jade Empire?). I sometimes feel like I'm watching more than doing.

Iirc I paid $40 for ME, and I don't regret it. It has flaws but I think it's a solid game, and it's made better by the fact that there are so few sci-fi crpgs.

I've become accustomed to these digital sales that $40 is way too much and $60 for console games is just plain wrong.

Though there are rare occasions like with Risen where I did pay $40. A Bioware game is not one of them [for me.]

I've become accustomed to these digital sales that $40 is way too much and $60 for console games is just plain wrong.

I agree about $60 being too much for console games, but I got a decent deal on ME when it was still a new title and $50 was the average price.

I agree about $60 being too much for console games, but I got a decent deal on ME when it was still a new title and $50 was the average price.

I honestly can't recall why I bought ME on D2D ... must have been a sale ...

Back
Top Bottom