Pricewatch!

Nice! Does anyone know if these have been fixed to run properly on XP and Win 7?

I think it's safe to assume that any digital download game from a site like GamersGate is going to run on Windows XP. I don't know if they all run on Windows 7, but I have yet to purchase a digital title that didn't.

Are not the original boxed versions Win7 compatible, with just a little bit of tweaking?
I'm still on XP, so I can't comment on how it is for Win7 users, but the only infinity engine that gave me any issues what so ever was the original BG, but fan patches and such fixed those issues.

By the way, just a reminder for anyone who posts Gamer's Gate links, add your own tag to it. You will get a handful of blue coins if someone buys a game through your link (info on how to do that can be found under my account->My GG tag)

Don't know as I don't have Win 7 (yet). But certainly all of the infinity engine games were badly broken on Win2K without doing things such as tweaking aspects of directx, directdraw, directsound, compatibility modes, desktop resolution and colors, etc, and even then it could be glitchy at best... In other words, a good amount of trouble. The advantages of buying these over my already boxed copes is that all that tweaking is built in. Otherwise there is no advantage to buying them (for me, at least).

Don't know as I don't have Win 7 (yet). But certainly all of the infinity engine games were badly broken on Win2K without doing things such as tweaking aspects of directx, directdraw, directsound, compatibility modes, desktop resolution and colors, etc, and even then it could be glitchy at best… In other words, a good amount of trouble. The advantages of buying these over my already boxed copes is that all that tweaking is built in. Otherwise there is no advantage to buying them (for me, at least).

I never had any problem playing my boxed version of BG and BG2 on Win2k, Win XP or Win 7. The only quack was the green water, but that is easily fixed by a mod.

Don't know as I don't have Win 7 (yet). But certainly all of the infinity engine games were badly broken on Win2K without doing things such as tweaking aspects of directx, directdraw, directsound, compatibility modes, desktop resolution and colors, etc, and even then it could be glitchy at best… In other words, a good amount of trouble. The advantages of buying these over my already boxed copes is that all that tweaking is built in. Otherwise there is no advantage to buying them (for me, at least).

Win2K was horrible in general for gaming, so it doesn't surprise me that the IE games had issues with it.

Anyways, I'm 99% sure that compilation will run just fine on Windows 7, but if you're that concerned about it, I'd recommend just shooting an email over to GamersGate and asking them. For $7 though, it's not as if you're taking a big risk.

So right. It is only $7. Should just do it. As should everyone else.

@GG… I want that kickback check early. ;)

I have had terrible luck with getting any response from the GG help system on previous issues, so I have sort of given up on them for that. :( And yes I ask them nicely...

Two Worlds II Velvet Edition is -50% on Steam ($19.99). You can also purchase TWII or the expansion separately with the same discount.

Two Worlds II Velvet Edition is -50% on Steam ($19.99). You can also purchase TWII or the expansion separately with the same discount.

Is it worth this price in terms of:

1) is it better than dragon knight saga (rpg elements, open-world aspects)?

2) is the multiplayer any good?

3) Is the steam version reliable compared to the retail one?

Thanks

That is weird. I went to Steam and didn't see them advertising the TWII offer (yet anyway, the offer is valid enough I see). I went the the news page and found an entry for a Dragon Age II update 1.04 but I can't see them selling DA2. Was it initially released and then pulled at some point by EA?
EDIT: Ok, google did provide an answer to this one. EA broke the steam terms by offering DLC directly to end customers and it was removed.

Also, Painkiller: Recurring Evil, and expansion to Resurrection on sale for $8. Amazing that this franchise continues to have legs after all these years!

Is it worth this price in terms of:

1) is it better than dragon knight saga (rpg elements, open-world aspects)?

2) is the multiplayer any good?

3) Is the steam version reliable compared to the retail one?

Thanks

I can't really say how good TWII is because I've barely played it. Hopefully someone else here can directly compare the two games. $20 is very cheap for that bundle though. I paid $50+ for the box version a couple of months ago.

As far as reliability, my experience is that Steam downloaded games are usually just as reliable as the retail versions.

Vampire the masquerade: Bloodlines (one of the best games of all time) is currently on sale on Steam.

It should be illegal to sell VtM:B that cheap. :)

Back
Top Bottom