Witcher 360 version?

The Witcher

human_male

Math and girls is hard.
Will there ever be a 360 version of this game? I played it on my PC when it first came out but I eventually gave up because my PC just wasn't powerful enough for it. I've been waiting for the 360 version since then.

I've read what I can find, some articles say there's never going to be a console version, then one says there is but it won't be out for a year, then another says it's nearly finished but there's some legal battle holding up it's release. And now Witcher 2 is on it's way and still no console version for Witcher 1.

Will it ever arrive?

I doubt it will come - Witcher sold very well on PC and the sequel is hotly anticipated.

Last I heard, the sequel is planned to be on the 360, and they made some remark to the effect of "don't count out the possibility of the original getting ported." Yeah, at this point, I think I will count that out. I hope the sequel, at least, makes it to the 360. I have a feeling I'd enjoy it.

I look at it this way - Fable came to the Mac last year, and Bioshock just before Christmas ... so hope springs eternal ... :D

The console version of The Witcher was canceled some time ago. I'm not sure if a console version of Witcher 2 is being planned.

They say so here, although I don't know how reliable it is. These plans can change pretty quickly.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-witcher-2-is-heading-to-consoles

CD Projekt has revealed plans for a console version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, no doubt hoping to realise what canned project The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf could not.

The strange thing is that they still have the logo for The Witcher: RotWW showing on their website. Perhaps there is still a chance the project will be resumed.

Well maybe I'll give the PC version another shot. Maybe the performance will improve with the updates that have come out since then. It was ok until I got into Vazima proper then it chugged.

The Witcher is a tough game with all the bells and whistles activated. I had some pretty bad framerates in the Swamp and Vizima's trade quarter, and that was with a Core 2 Duo 6700, Geforce 8800 GTS 512, and 4GB RAM.

The Witcher is a tough game with all the bells and whistles activated. I had some pretty bad framerates in the Swamp and Vizima's trade quarter, and that was with a Core 2 Duo 6700, Geforce 8800 GTS 512, and 4GB RAM.

Thanks for posting that, it give me an idea of performance. I don't have as powerful a system as that. I have a Geforce 7800 GTX and an Athlon 6400+ but I'm happy with medium settings. I don't need shadows and fancy lighting and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom