Pricewatch!

I got a surprise on Steam yesterday. I checked the store page from my Batman: Arkham City install and it took me to the game-of-the-year edition …

Also seems to be the case for Arkham Asylum… cool, lol. The Arkham City upgrade is especially nice in my case, though, since I never got around to playing more than 30 minutes at launch.

Now, if they'd only upgrade my Skyrim purchase to GOTY :lol:

They upgraded Batman: Arkham City and Asylum to GOTY while they removed GFWL

Well i say is good news all around.

Wow......the combat in Risen 2 is quite awful, I honestly don't recall it being this poor in Risen 1. I've gone back to M&M 3 now, lol.....at least I only spent 7 bucks on Risen 2.

I got a surprise on Steam yesterday. I checked the store page from my Batman: Arkham City install and it took me to the game-of-the-year edition and the play button was enabled there. When I clicked it, GotY installed! I knew they were getting rid of the G4WL protection but I didn't know it was being done by giving away the GotY edition for free! It's sitting side by side with the original edition.

GotY uses slightly different saves, it seems, but there are instructions in the Steam forums about how to modify the old saves with a hex editor to make them work with the GotY edition. After sitting on the shelf for two years, I'm fine with starting all over again myself.

Ooh, I guess I need to add it to Steam (have a hardcopy). Also, my Arkham Asylum copy! Thanks for the heads up!

Now, if they'd only upgrade my Skyrim purchase to GOTY :lol:

Yes, I've been waiting for that as well. C'mon Bethesda. I'm not buying those DLC for more than $5 total, I think.

Wow……the combat in Risen 2 is quite awful, I honestly don't recall it being this poor in Risen 1. I've gone back to M&M 3 now, lol…..at least I only spent 7 bucks on Risen 2.

Yes I got Risen 1&2 in the recent Steam sale. Started playing Risen 1 and was underwhelmed. My problem is that I only play mage characters, and in Risen 1 it sucks. First, I had to play like 10 hours to actually finally become a mage. And then, it's such a weak option compared to melee (probably also archery). After finally getting my spells and increasing my fireball to level 4, went out to test, and awesome! instakilled the first moth I saw, then the 2nd one. A couple of wolves later I was out of mana… 4 or 5 casts. No problem I thought, I remember a barrel with water near here... Nope, it only heals your health, not your mana. Also, all those little spells I found that I thought, once I became I mage, I would be able to cast instead of using scrolls…. nope, at least not in the beginning (and then why would I use my precious little mana on that without easy recovery).

I hope casting got better in Risen 2, if not, wasted money.

Risen 1&2 are not easy games , and you really have to invest in them. Personally, I like that aspect. If you're looking for quicker gratification though then you'll have to look elsewhere.

Weeee, thanks for the notice on King's Bounty items being on sale. The only one I didn't have was Warriors of the North, I feel dirty for picking it up at 8 bucks. Not dirty enough to give it back, however!

Halloween sale at GOG.com.

I grabbed "I have no mouth..." and Pathologic. The latter seems very intriguing, yet disturbing at the same time. Anyone here played it yet?

Grabbed Fallout 3 GotY for 5 bucks currently on sale at Steam. They've got a few sales going on right now, I played F3 when it first came out but never did the dlc's so this will be something to tide me over till BG 2 extended comes out next month.

Thanks All

grabbed Secret World, I too had my eye on it for awhile.

I was about to grab Fallout 3 but the steam web page says it is not Optimized Prime for Windows 7. Where does that put me when I got me Windows Metro?

Last edited:
The Gamebryo engine is optimized for nothing beyond a single core pentium 90 as far as I'm concerned. It's simply horribly coded. Having said that, while I believe I've only played FO3 on XP, I've spent hundreds of hours in FNV while on Windows 7… and they're built on the same [horrible] engine.

Halloween sale at GOG.com.

I grabbed "I have no mouth…" and Pathologic. The latter seems very intriguing, yet disturbing at the same time. Anyone here played it yet?

Been trying to play "I Have no Mouth". Very disturbing game. I'm going to try to beat the game being a good guy but the 5 characters in the game are total A-holes. For example one of the characters is a doctor and the main antagonist places the doctor in an Auschwitz type camp . . . right before surgery. Hard to play more the 20 minutes with out taking a break.

Now I'm going to do some Gothic 3 grinding . . . . ahhhhhhhhhhh
The Kiting Life for me.

and consider Fallout 3 for the next 3 days.

Avadon 2 is out and on sale for $7.49 at gog.com ... Trying to finish my review today, but it is better than the first and an amazing deal at that price.

Back
Top Bottom