The Witcher 2 - Updated FAQ

I gogged my digital version, but I haven't ordered my box copy yet. I figure to wait a few weeks after release for that one.

I have both the standard and collector's editions pre-ordered on amazon. Not sure which I am getting... I usually go collector's edition but in this case the price is very high and the added items not that great. The standard edition comes with a map, soundtrack, letter, coin and other stuff already.

I would love to support GOG with a pre-order there but I need the box. I'll re-buy the game on GOG someday when it's $10 or something.

I wonder if the collector's edition will go down in price after a time. I noticed the Two Worlds II one went down from $100 to $50 not too long after it was released (and after I paid full price for it :p)

Really! It's only 50 bucks now? That thing was freaking massive when I saw it in the store. If Two Worlds had been any fun at all I would had bought it right then and there. I got a whole miniature collection theme in my gaming room and that statue would have been perfect, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $100 dollars on a game that I didn't know if I would like or not since TW sucked big time. TW2 is much better though and now I wouldn't hesitate to buy their collectors edition.

Maybe I should go check out the stores again and see if it is still there and if the price is slashed. I doubt it though. Over here they don't really follow what everyone else does. Which is good in some ways since I get everything cheaper :)

Really! It's only 50 bucks now? That thing was freaking massive when I saw it in the store. If Two Worlds had been any fun at all I would had bought it right then and there. I got a whole miniature collection theme in my gaming room and that statue would have been perfect, but I couldn't bring myself to spend $100 dollars on a game that I didn't know if I would like or not since TW sucked big time. TW2 is much better though and now I wouldn't hesitate to buy their collectors edition.

Maybe I should go check out the stores again and see if it is still there and if the price is slashed. I doubt it though. Over here they don't really follow what everyone else does. Which is good in some ways since I get everything cheaper :)

Topware US is selling the PC Royal Edition for $49.99 either directly or via Amazon US.

http://www.topware.com/store/pc/two_worlds_II_royal.php

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-Royal-Collectors-PC-Mac/dp/B004H83P3A

The console versions are still pricey though. I'm not sure if the Royal Edition has been discounted in Europe as well but if not at this price it may be cheaper to import it from the US even with the shipping charges.

I agree that the Two Worlds 2 Royal Edition had a nice selection of collectibles in it. The Witcher 2's Collector's Edition looks similarly packed. Both companies have done a nice job with special editions containing physical items you can keep to have something once you are done with the game. It puts Bioware's crappy digital only DA2 "Signature Edition" to shame. They were so cheap and lazy they couldn't even be bothered to put the soundtrack on a physical CD. That half assed signature edition should have been the first clue that the game was a quick money grab and not a labor of love.

Anyway, I may cancel my Witcher 2 Collector pre-order and go with GOG, then gamble that the collector's edition might come down in price at some point. $129.99 is asking a lot and I can't see a ton of people shelling that out for one game even with the extras.

I call bullshit. Examples, or it's not true.
ArmA 2, Rise of Flight, Dragon Age, Crysis, Mass Effect, etc, etc, etc. Since 2008 games begin to be optimized for more than 2 cores. Some better than others, that's a fact.

Call me ignorant then. I've somehow missed seeing it advertised before. Then again the only one from that list I paid attention to was DA:O, and it didn't seem to hype quad core support, but here I see it on the recommended specs....

Very nice that they will support Quad cores! Is this a first for a PC game?

I'm waiting for the day when someone says : "Very nice that they support Single Cores !"

Because Single Cores are dying out already. Bioware/EA didn't even bother supporting them, hence the savegames-bug that was patched for Dragon Age 2 recently ...

I'm waiting for the day when someone says : "Very nice that they support Single Cores !"

Because Single Cores are dying out already. Bioware/EA didn't even bother supporting them, hence the savegames-bug that was patched for Dragon Age 2 recently …
Because Alrik, it's not possible to optimize for multi-core and at the same time doing it also for single core.

Yes, that's why they throw owners of single-cores out of the window in the first place (like seemingly with DA2).

Back
Top Bottom