Dragon Age - Golems of Amgarrak DLC Interview, Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has officially unveiled the latest Dragon Age DLC, Golems of Amgarrak, on the official site. Here's the blurb:
Delve deep underground to save a missing dwarven expedition in search of ancient secrets for creating monstrous constructs. Only you can uncover the gruesome fate that befell them.
Put your Warden back in action and adventure through new environments, meet new characters and defeat never before seen creatures. With an engrossing new storyline and challenging puzzles this is one add-on you don't want to miss!

• Import your character from Origins or Awakening or create a new, high-level hero!
  • Face an all-new terrifying creature
  • Earn powerful rewards that transfer into your Awakening and Origins campaign
An advanced challenge for even the most experienced adventurers
MMORPG has an interview with Ferret Baudoin and Rob Bartel on the addon:
MMORPG.com: Give us some background on the new DLC – Golems of Amgarrak.

Rob: Golems of Amgarrak is the next installment of downloadable content (DLC) for our hit dark fantasy title, Dragon Age: Origins. It will be releasing simultaneously for $5 on the Playstation Network and for 400 points on the PC and in the X360 Marketplace. Designed with our hardcore players in mind, it sends the player on an extremely challenging journey into the Deep Roads to uncover the lost secrets of the dwarves.

Ferret: Rob isn’t joking. Golems is seriously tough. If you played through Origins and thought it couldn’t keep up with your mad skills, then this is the DLC for you. You face a brand new boss who has more than a few tricks up his sleeve, and unless you bring your A-game you won’t last long. Getting the hardest achievement for this DLC is a real badge of honor. Only a handful of BioWarians managed that accomplishment.

Although combat is front and center, Golems of Amgarrak has a tricky puzzle to solve, new characters to talk with and get to know, and an engaging story. All the things you’d expect from Dragon Age. You also can import your character from Origins or Awakening, so you can have further adventures with your favorite hero.

By playing Golems of Amgarrak you can unlock several reward items that show up in Origins or Awakening. It’s a good time to be a Grey Warden!
...and they have the first trailer for this DLC.

Thanks, Omega!

More information.

"Golems Of Arrrgh" ?

That's the last place that I would want to go in Dragon Age, underground. I found that part of the game really dragged for me.

"Golems Of Arrrgh" ?
:lol:

Those are actually the last words of the mining expediton's messenger, badly wounded he managed to utter: "I have… an important… message for you… *deep breath* …Watch… watch out… for the golems of… Am... aaaargh!" Then he collapsed and died.
:p

Well done ! :lol:

Ditto, absolutely loved the level with the bridge.

I think that was the Dead Trenches iirc...

I enjoyed the Deep Roads for the most part, but I can easily understand why many people didn't. There wasn't enough variety in the environment or the enemies. Nothing but Darkspawn and giant spiders for the most part, with some of those small lizard things (Deepwalkers?) thrown in.

Back
Top Bottom