Might & Magic X - Website Invites Participation

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Developer Limbic Entertainment released a new revamped website for Might & Magic X.One of the new features is the ability of fans to discuss game features with the developers & other gamers.

Fans will participate in the creation of the game every week. This sounds both good and bad doesn't it? The first topic of the week with three choices to vote on is below.
Which dungeon concept would you like to see in Might & Magic X – Legacy?

Dungeons are an essential part of Might & Magic X Legacy, and therefore we’d like you to help us create a special one. We will ask you to vote for one specific aspect of the dungeon each week, and then we will create that dungeon, step by step, according to your votes. This week we’ll start with the general concept. The vote will be open until next Tuesday. After you have decided for one general concept, we will go into detail. So stay tuned for the dungeon fine tuning!
More information.

Well, some of that does sound nice. Not so much the dungeon design by committee, but their promise to be transparent about their development and listening to fan input.

BUT

I would be more likely to believe them if devs would actually post on their own board at least once in a while. As it is, the forum linked from their site is almost entirely unattended.
Allegedly, Ubisoft handpicked some forumites from various places to be invited into their "VIP club", among those sites our very own RPGWatch - is that true at all?

Allegedly, Ubisoft handpicked some forumites from various places to be invited into their "VIP club", among those sites our very own RPGWatch - is that true at all?

Well I never got an invitation that's for sure. I'm just posting a news story that's all.o_O Can't speak for other sites.

That's certainly news to me too, I haven't heard about any VIP club for this game.

They mentioned the VIP club when the game was first announced. We managed to insert one of our own into it after doing our MMX interview at the Codex.

If we are included, they must have forgotten to send a mail, or it got lost or whatever.

They never contacted us, either. We had to ask them.

How about they just remove the Uplay DRM. I'm not buying until that is gone. It's a shame to, because I'm a big fan of the might and magic series.

I just hope it remains true to the series...especially 6-8(not so much 8). I have been enjoying 2 and 3 lately on my phone though.

I shouldn't worry about the design by committee thing. It's just Ubisoft's way of giving a nod to the trendy modern democracy of game design, established on Kickstarter. Someone there, perhaps with less starch on their suit than the norm, must have belatedly noticed the trend and condescended to acknowledge it; but, of course, none of the options will really make any difference.

As to RPGWatch, it's unlikely that Ubisoft have even noticed the site, since they only consider their customers in units of millions.

How about they just remove the Uplay DRM. I'm not buying until that is gone. It's a shame to, because I'm a big fan of the might and magic series.

Uplay removed their DRM, you can play the game offline if you want. You will need it to install it though but that's about it.

Uplay removed their DRM, you can play the game offline if you want. You will need it to install it though but that's about it.
If they removed their DRM,why do you need to install Uplay?
I bought Heroes of Might and Magic VI because i had seen one developer saying that you could play the game offline.From what i recall even the box doesn't mention the online activation as a requirement either!!
So yeah that was false advertising and yeah one time activation and obligatory installation of irrelevant software is still DRM.

I bought Heroes of Might and Magic VI because i had seen one developer saying that you could play the game offline.From what i recall even the box doesn't mention the online activation as a requirement either!!
So yeah that was false advertising and yeah one time activation and obligatory installation of irrelevant software is still DRM.

So is Steam

Have never quite understood the objections. It seems like such a small inconvenience for genuine users. Do some people not have internet connections or something? Despite my cynicism about large publishers, such as Ubisoft, I certainly wouldn't want to push them in the direction of abandoning the PC and just doing stuff on consoles. If it takes registration to do that, I don't have a problem. And I do wish that some gamers would consider something other than their own narrow self interest.

Actually HoMM 6 is still DRMed to an extent. You have to play online to use the dynasty system which effects things like starting bonuses and dynasty weapons. What's really annoying is that if you opt to play online and your internet connection drops (happens frequently for me - I'm on the edge of the exchange) the game unceremoniously dumps you out to the main menu without saving progress. It even dumps you out if you're in the middle of a battle.

Have never quite understood the objections. It seems like such a small inconvenience for genuine users. Do some people not have internet connections or something? Despite my cynicism about large publishers, such as Ubisoft, I certainly wouldn't want to push them in the direction of abandoning the PC and just doing stuff on consoles. If it takes registration to do that, I don't have a problem. And I do wish that some gamers would consider something other than their own narrow self interest.

It's only a small inconvenience if they can guarantee that the activation server will be up forever, that you cannot be banned, and you have unlimited re installs. Anything else makes you a glorified renter. I hate steam for the same reasons.

I play old games all the time and I know that most of them would be unplayable right now if they had online activations.

It's only a small inconvenience if they can guarantee that the activation server will be up forever, that you cannot be banned, and you have unlimited re installs. Anything else makes you a glorified renter. I hate steam for the same reasons.

I play old games all the time and I know that most of them would be unplayable right now if they had online activations.

So you don't have a problem with uPlay, you just have a problem with online activations. Well, to tell you the truth, I prefer that a lot more than what used to be DRM before... having to find my CD/DVD somewhere, hoping it's not too scratched, and place it in the drive so I can play the already installed game. I prefer Steam, in which when I buy a new computer or laptop I just have to click a button from wherever I am and I'll be playing the game a couple of minutes later.

obligatory installation of irrelevant software is still DRM.

And in case of STEAM it is also a program that controls the execution of files, encrypts data on a harddrive and is able to prevent me from playing legal obtained games by banning.

This is the pure definition of a malware infection.

Back
Top Bottom