Runes of Magic - Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Runes of Magic has been officially released Thursday. It's a free to play game, so if you want to have a try download the client here.
More information.

If you look at WoW there's definitely a marked for buying in-game "favours". I guess they just have to get things rolling first.

Does anyone know how they plan to get their money, if it's going to be free to play? Will they charge for certain features? Or what?
Welcome to the world of micropayments. You pay for upgrades to pimp your character, items, house and probably some other stuff as well. Things you can't normally get in the game are now at your disposal for a small amount of money.
Apparently they are assuming there are plenty of people who buy this stuff in order to make a profit.

Welcome to the world of micropayments. You pay for upgrades to pimp your character, items, house and probably some other stuff as well. Things you can't normally get in the game are now at your disposal for a small amount of money.
Apparently they are assuming there are plenty of people who buy this stuff in order to make a profit.

My experience with free-to-play MMOs is that the community sucks, just imagine putting 10000 12 year old kids with the 'freedom of the internet' (which to them it means they can swear a lot).
I'd rather pay to add a small filter to that.

Quite the opposite. The Runes of Magic Community seems quite nice compared to others.
And the game is an opportunity for people like me, old geezers who only played single player RPGs before to test a decent MMO.
So ROM is not a teenie-fest like FLYFF but its mainly a mixture of WOW convertites and old noobs.

There's also a 10 EUR retail version. It's at least available in Germany and includes a bundle of in-game stuff to justify the price.

Back
Top Bottom