Gothic 3 How to kill Fire Golems?

Leasa

Traveler
searched thr forum, but didn't see anything related to this...any suggestions on how to kill the Fire Golems? I saw mention of an Ice Golem, so if anyone has any tips on this guy, would be ever grateful.

I think you can also use thunder-based attacks against fire golems.
You can also use weapons :p

searched thr forum, but didn't see anything related to this...any suggestions on how to kill the Fire Golems? I saw mention of an Ice Golem, so if anyone has any tips on this guy, would be ever grateful.

Treat it like a spellcaster.

Melee combat with a one-handed weapon is the best way to tackle any caster even as a mage. Unless your Arcane knowledge is extremely high you are unlikely to take out casters (other than goblin shamen) faster than they hurt you. Most casters can heal themselves too (fire golems and dragons are the only exceptions IIRC, but they arent really casters).

A high level ice or lightning spell (e g not your everyday lightning bolt/ice lance) might work too (it does on dragons for sure) provided you have somewhere to find cover in between castings.

If you are up against multiple casters you can use ice lance to freeze all but one while you focus your melee on the last. This works against everything except dragons.

By Ice Golem as a recommendation, I believe people refer to the spell "Summon Golem", which summons an Ice Golem. Summon Demon is possibly even better, and will certainly be able to tank any caster in the game while you kill them (golems included). They don't do a lot of damage, but they sure can take a beating!

You can grab Summon Demon from any shrine to Beliar if you have 230 ancient knowledge (or around 230, it's been a while since I played it).

If you do not have enough ancient knowledge, you'll have to stick to the strategies already posted.

The "Summon Golem" spell summons a Stone Golem iirc.

The summoning spells were a lot of fun in Gothic, especially later in the game. "Army of Darkness" was my favorite.

Thanks to everyone for your advice! Really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom