Dungeon Lords

It's a steaming pile of shit.

Wow. Hyperbole much? Jeez.

DL certainly earned some of the vitriol received, mostly for over promising and under delivering. But to put it on par with the worst of the worst is just plain silly exaggeration. Sorry, but it is.

DL certainly earned some of the vitriol received, mostly for over promising and under delivering. But to put it on par with the worst of the worst is just plain silly exaggeration. Sorry, but it is.

Judging by the demo I'd say that Dhruin was very polite and understating what a massively stinking pile of diarrhea shit this abortion of a game actually was ;) .
After my experience with the demo I have no idea how anyone in this world would have gotten the idea to voluntarily buy this game but, well, people buy Pokemon, Teletubbies and crap like that, too, so might as well buy some Dungeon Lords shit as well, eh?
Heck, some people go to a whorehouse and pay real money to get shat or pissed on because it makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside (and out!).
There's all sorts of weird stuff I luckily don't have to (or don't want to) understand but as long as it's legal and no one gets hurt in the process... more power to you. Have fun with DL!

Its been years and I'm still mad at D.W. Bradley for this one.

Having played RPG's for over 20 years, DL was one of the worst I ever bought and it's creator and publisher will never see another cent from me EVA!!

What the game really needed was more rats in Fargrove. More respawns = more fun.

And don't forget that the respawns were so epic that the entire universe stuttered at their arrival ...

... all this nostalgia makes me want to go to the Inn at Fargrove and take a rest in front of the fire in my room and totally forego the bed ... ;)

Didn't they add a couple chairs in Fargrove in the Collectors Edition aka pay fer patch? Uber realism right there!

My favorite was the hilly water. I remember getting to a lake of some sort for the first time. I swam around for a minute and then ragequit.

Oh, the drama! Hilly water! Missing furniture! Re-spawns you could turn down in the options! Stuttering! How could I have ever thought this game was fun?!?! *rollseyes*

And thanks, Moriendor, for your post that contributed... um... absolutely nothing constructive. Hope you got your day's quota of jollies from typing naughty things on teh interwebs!

Look, you can hate the game because you didn't like it or were pissed off at D.W. for lying or saw the CE as a crass and dishonest money-grab. But to dissuade people from looking into a cheap copy of the CE today by implying that the game is completely unplayable and/or unenjoyable is wrong, imho. I enjoyed it, my friends enjoyed it (multi can be really fun) and lots of people whose opinions I respect enjoyed it, and we're not all morons. Voicing your opinion is fine, but going overboard is, well, going overboard.

Point taken. For the right price why not, but that would mean free. It would be about as much fun as watching stupid people getting hurt on YouTube. Then again you can do that for free and without an install so on second thought no, sorry.

Look, you can hate the game because you didn't like it or were pissed off at D.W. for lying or saw the CE as a crass and dishonest money-grab. But to dissuade people from looking into a cheap copy of the CE today by implying that the game is completely unplayable and/or unenjoyable is wrong, imho. I enjoyed it, my friends enjoyed it (multi can be really fun) and lots of people whose opinions I respect enjoyed it, and we're not all morons. Voicing your opinion is fine, but going overboard is, well, going overboard.

I have always said that I enjoyed it more than I should. Played it a few hours last year and it is still a blast.

My take is the game had plenty going for it, but just wasn't done right. Bradley should have had somebody that he trusted (that wasn't as computer savvy) telling him when he was making design mistakes. The guy obviously has acumen for making good games, but clunky garbage is never is never going to sell unless it's hardcore CRPG fans.

I'm sorry, but it isn't.

It is absolutely among the worst - if not possibly the worst - game I have ever played. You can dismiss the hilly water and missing furniture if you want -I firmly believe the game has the depth of a small paper bag and, regrettably, Bradley had no idea what he was doing when he "designed" the core mechanics. Yes, the multi-class combinations sound interesting (if silly when you think about the logic) but, in practice, they have no depth at all.

I can't help that a whole bunch of skills and Guild bonuses didn't work when I played it. Perhaps they are fixed - I'm not going to pay (or waste my time to find out).

MP is fun? Good for you. I don't play multi (ever) - glad you enjoyed it.

You have a bunch of friends who liked it? I'm not sure what your point is. I have a bunch of friends who hated it - do we duke it out or something? You can give me their names, though - I know not to trust their recommendations. Feel free to tell them to ignore my recommendations as well, 'cause clearly we don't see eye to eye.

If people want to waste their money on this, that's their call. However, I find it awfully hard to imagine that all but a minute fraction of gamers don't have something better in their backlog they could be playing instead. It's not like I'm alone in thinking this.

Saying that, in your opinion, there's lots better games people could be playing and that it's the worst game you've personally played (you've really not played any games with significantly less depth than DL? I find that very hard to believe. I've played quite a few, and I'm sure you've played many, many more games than I have. The dungeon level designs themselves are head and shoulders above most crawlers I've played. And the multi-classing is silly? You're really going to argue logic about RPG multi-classing? Seriously? If you are, add many, many games to that list, some of which I'd hazard a guess are on your “liked” list. But I digress…) while specifying that you never tried the CE/mostly-fixed version is neither silly nor overboard. Those are the kinds of statements I wouldn't object to, as opposed to your first in this thread. I think those are fair statements for someone that hasn't tried DL to consider before taking the leap.

Come on Dhruin, stop beating around the bush. Did you like it or not?:lol:

I never purchased it. Every time I thought about getting I had flash backs to Wizards and Warriors and decided not to.

It is absolutely among the worst - if not possibly the worst - game I have ever played.

You mean worst crpg, or worst game regardless of genre? Dungeon Lords was terrible for a crpg, but I've played a lot of worse games in my lifetime.. especially back in the NES days.

Once of the worst games ever. I uninstalled before even finishing the first dungeon.

Back
Top Bottom