The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Made it stick.

All bow to the great and powerful Jaz!

Good job guys. Only bad thing is now I have to go write down all my characters names. Can't I just say Testovina and all the Kerria(rest goes here)? :) Heading in game in just a few min I guess. :sweatdrop:

I just finished the Tavern Quest - and several minutes after getting my "bounty", the server didn't want me anymore ...

I ran into a problem like that once. The server will only create a certain number of instances for each quest at the same time. Normally, this doesn't matter at all, but on the Island quests every once in a while you'll get stuck. You'll try to enter the quest and it will drop out with no error message. All you can do is keep trying until it lets you in.

Well, I did manage to finish that quest - about which I'm very, very glad, because I had failed it three times already ...

I just wanted to mention the importance of taking guild renown as end reward. These ones can be selected: Heroic deeds (50), Tales of Valor (150), Impressive Trophy (500), Legendary Victory (1000). These numbers are multiplied by the small guild bonus and for our guild it's between 3 and 3.5.

We accumulate guild renown to get to the next guild level. Higher guild level means better buffs and bigger guildships. We're now at level 47 and soon at level 48. When we get to level 48 we get the +2 constitution shrine. At level 49 we get the +2 strength shrine. At level 50 we get the mid tier Windspyre guildship.

The good thing about guild buffs is that they have the same effect regardles of level, but the difference in having them is much bigger at low level since you have much lower values in everything. So never forget to buff yourself before you go out on a new quest. If you die in the quest then you lose the buffs so beware.

So I propose you look through the end reward you're offered. If you get a nice item you need then you pick that. If you get a very valuable item or an item that you know someone else in the guild can use (or your other toons) then you pick it. Otherwise it's a good idea to get the guild renown reward. It's better to e. g. get a tales of valor than e. g. a junk item you will sell for a few hundred platinum pieces. Money won't be an issue once you get past the first levels.

If you're really stuck for money and need it to get potions etc. you can grab some items from the guild chest and sell them. Make sure you pick the most ordinary ones. I guess that if you sell a +6 constitution belt then someone else will be disappointed. :lol:

Sorry that I didn't appear. I was having soooo much fun on the starter town's island ! :)

Just remember Thrasher, you might end up playing on a team with Dte!! :D I'd likely join in as well!!!! :)

Dte carries the big pointy stick, I'm a spell caster!! :)

I got to Stormreach and joined the guild and then checked out our ship. The only problem I'm having right now is finding knock scrolls or wands and with the DDO forum down I can't check there. I can probably find it in the auction if I checked but from what I have read it should be easy to get them.

PS. I decided to buy a boxed copy of the game for $5 so I can get 30 days of VIP.

PPS. The features you get as part of the guild are really good and is better then any other game I have belonged in a guild in.

PPPS. I'm going to have a hard time using skype to talk in the game since I don't notice any way of doing it while ingame without alt-tabbing out. I can't alt-tab out of the game without it screwing up and having to quit the game and restart it.

Knock is a level 1 spell, so check out the arcane scroll sellers. There is one in the Marketplace and a slightly cheaper Guild one in House K.
We load up skype voice before we begin play once we're all connected we enter the game and Skype keeps working.
Note, any character you create as a VIP beyond your account limit (2 for F2P and 4 for Premium) will not be available to you once your 30 days of VIP runs out, unless you upgrade your account by buying those extra char slots.

Teamed up with Cm yesterday and she showed me around a bit. That was fun. Skype worked flawlessly! I did, however, have some mouse problems. Apparantly, this is a know issue? I'm inclined to believe this was either due to my batteries or my bluetooth headphones messing up my wireless mouse.

Oh so you use voice chat so that leaves me out since I don't have a mic and I couldn't use one anyways. My computer is too far to use a wired one and bluetooth devices don't work well in my house.

PS. I checked and I guess I must have missed it but it is way too expensive for what I would be getting by buying it right now. If I could find wands or equipment that has knock that would probably be cheaper.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be able to do voice chat as well - and honestly, I don't really want it. I'm fine with typing alone.

Yesterday I noticed an issue that bugs me more and more : The mouse pointer is just too small !
I always end up firing my arrows into the wrong direction, because I just can't locate this "see-through" mouse pointer quickly enough in the midtst of the battle !

I just wish there would be an (optional) bigger one ...

We all have headphones with a mic attached. You can buy them very cheaply. Believe me, trying to play in a group AND type at the same time is EXTREMELY difficult. You also miss out on much of the fun. If some of you are worried about your spoken english, don't be. We all understand Peter and he's Norwegian. Mind you there are times when he doesn't understand US!! :) I won't tell you about the time we yelled at him to STOP (he likes racing ahead) but he didn't, set off a trap, and got himself killed!! :)

I won't tell you about the time we yelled at him to STOP (he likes racing ahead) but he didn't, set off a trap, and got himself killed!! :)
"The time" implies that it was a single instance... Who knew paladins made such good trap detectors? :D

Back
Top Bottom