Gothic Any decent mods for Gothic 1 ?

souha13

Sentinel
I'm looking for some nice mods that add weapons, npcs, graphics, quests to the game. Are there any with good quality?

Yes, there are. There is even diccuric -> a totaly different game. Also don't forget to install the playerkit when you want to use the mods.

I know that Xerxes (rpgdot) had also build some mods where you had some other weapons. The problem with these mods were the instability they brought to gothic.

Also some German mods, but you have to check weather they can run with the english verson

There´s the fps patch, blue sky, a texture update, the patch to re-activate the concert in chapter 2.

Thanks for answers!

Is diccuric good then? Sounds cool but is the story and npcs as well written as gothic 1?

Thanks for answers!

Is diccuric good then? Sounds cool but is the story and npcs as well written as gothic 1?

It's much shorter (9h gameplay), but I think for a fan made mod it's rather well. Sometimes it's more difficult since the clues aren't so obvious as in gothic of what you should do next. (The maps are also less clear.)

@Gorath Do you have the links to them? I had those mods installed, but don't know where to find them.

At that site you can find Diccuric, its English translation and the Blue Sky patch. The other stuff has always been available on RPGWatch. I leave it to you to prove your search skills. ;)

Hmm, i didn't know Watch had a mod download area somewhere. And i stil can't find it. There's nothing in the database field.
I was actually curious about readding In Extremo gig to my english version of G1, which i'm playing right now and probably for the last (third) time.
It would also be interesting to add some other mods, mainly those that improve gameplay or graphics somehow.
I installed player kit and couple of texture patches from WoG, but not sure if they work or not, as they don't apear on the list, when i start the gothic-launcher-mod.exe. Any hints?
I know there are lots of german and even polish mods, but it's hard to find any info in english about them. Furthermore, it's not clear if they would screw the english version when installed.
So many questions.

Just go though the Games Database.

what about their webpage? http://www.diccuric.org/
I was talking about the other mods -> I posted the links to all the mods I could find in one of my previous posts here.
Gorath reminded me (and apparently some others too) to use the search function at the watch. It seems that I always ask questions to the admins that already been answered somewhere else (not a month ago Myrthos reminded me of something called F.A.Q.)

lawl.... i haven't used that thing in ages ;)

Started it with the noname mod. I didnt really appreciate the new armor textures. Anyone know how to get rid of them while still getting the new weapons?

Also it was quite a shock to play it since I cant increase resolution much due to my LCD. Really ugly compared to Gothic 2 or 3.

Back
Top Bottom