RPGWatch Feature: Dark Messiah Review

Stop the bickering, ladies. (JK) I'd just go with a percentage rating, and Dark Messiah would get an 85% in my book, but I'm not a game reviewer, and thank the gods. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was a pretty nice action adventure almost identical in concept to Severance: Blade of Darkness, but it wasn't another Might and Magic VII either. But as an action adventure in a medieval setting, it wasn't bad at all. And in my opinion, it was just an all around fun game to play.

Last edited:
No SDK for DMoM&M.:(
Last week, an Arkane Studios employee broke the news about the status of the Dark Messiah of Might and Magic SDK (software development kit, which would allow fans to mod the game easily): "Arkane Studios did it and it was ready to go. Unfortunatly, Ubisoft decided not to release it. I can't give you a real explanation about that, as I am afreid I don't even know why they decide it. I am really sorry for all of you guys out there."

http://forum.arkane-studios.com/viewtopic.php?p=140&sid=05f56351934a67108d0723c243ee939f#140

Speaking of DK. I'm currently replaying it third time, now as an assasin. oh boy its FUN! Combat is such a blast and the level design, well those levels just don't seem to get old. Play it on hardcore if you dare! The adrenaline is constantly pumping in my veins, because every hit can be leathal. I'm just relying on daggers and bow. And if my stealth attack fails, i'm forced to use enviroment on my advantage. quicksaving is a big no ofcourse. I'm not really sure why i'm having so much fun..The game has couple of flaws and storyline is at best silly, moreover that Xana-character is really annoying.
Maybe its because there are not many action games aside severance, rune and jk series which are focused on melee combat :)

rune...*shudders*
hack and slash even if all melee is still hack and slash and hardly worth of a game focused on melee combat. console games made soley for the pc--sounds like a winner idea;)
at least enclave had an excuse for its shallownish as it was also released on consoles. but dark messiah is superior to either of them in my view though not as good as severence.

Back
Top Bottom