Dungeons of Dredmor - 1.08 Patch Released, Expansion "done"

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The 1.08 update for Dredmor has been released, adding a female hero among other improvements and fixes - head to the official blog for the full patch notes.
Word from the same post is that the expansion pack is ready but they are waiting for a release date from Valve, so stay tuned. Apparently some websites have confused the 1.08 patch with the expansion but they are, of course, different things.
A short sample from the current patch:
- A female hero has been added to the game.
- Added Modding Support! (Use at your own risk.)
- Added No Time To Grind mode: shorter dungeon levels, more monster XP.
- All skill trees now have a minimum of 5 skills.
- Added support for polymorphing. (More of this in the DLC.)
- Wand tree has been completely revised. Wands now use traditional charges, and the wand lore tree now contains Wandcrafting instead.
- Added n-dimensional lathe to craft wands.
- Added new crafting interface; we stole the old one from Minecraft, we stole the new one from Terraria.
- Added belt, glove, and pant slots. Added belts, gloves, and pants (10 of each)
- Added some more items.
- Added anti-magic field sprayers and anti-magic effects.
- Added monster taxonomy flags.
More information.

Anyone else have problems with saves corrupting or disappearing? My wife has lost her game twice, and the latest was with the 1.08 patch, I think. The first I was able to fix by finding an old save (which wasn't shown in the list) and renaming it to autosave with a suitable picture.

(This was when the save vanished, and the autosave decided to insta-kill her).

Two days ago, her saves crashed the game on load, so she's had to start afresh.

Says a lot about the game that she's happy to keep restarting, though and playing over and over...

Hotfixing is an ongoing thing as there were issues with older saves working with 1.08 at release---I'd suspect that many issues will be resolved as the week ticks on as I think there's already been at least one hotfix that knocked out various problems.

Back
Top Bottom