The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

@guenthar : Ah, thanks. Seems I'm mixing both. ;)

"Two-handed fighting = you fight with two weapons in two hands." ;)

How do I find out whether a guild invite has been sent to me ? I'm in Stormreach now.

I sent one to your mailbox. You should have a small envelope on your target window which is usually the lower right corner. If not, let me know and I'll send another.

Found it out, thanks.

I finally reached the guild's ship (which also means that I'm not as dumb as I had expected ;) ) and left 2 scrolls there. The treasure chest says it's full, otherwise I would have added my other stuff, too.

Since it's already 2 in the morning here O_O , I'm quitting and going to slleep.

If you need something: I have more scrolls to give away right now (my character doesn't have the ability to use scrolls right now) and other stuff, like armor.

What I didn't quite understand was what to do with these "dragon shards" (is this the right name for them ?) ?
I have a few of them, too …

And last : Is this thing from the DDO store of any use ? http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale#sample

Keep all your shards; eventually you will crush them and create something useful.
All stuff from the store has some use. Don't give it away, but keep it handy. You never know when you might need it. Glad to hear you found the ship, now don't forget to use all the shrines and talk to all the critters to get your stat boosts.

Did you talk to the lady near the ship that gives you 2 free bags? One is for ingredients (which is where you put the shards) and one is for collectibles.

EDIT: The forums are back up.

Last edited:
There's also a third free bag available for gems. Ingredients, Gems, and Collectibles all have different coloured bags (green, red, gold)

Red is for collectibles, green is for crafting ingredients, blue - corwin - is for gems. Gold one you get later from necropolis for tapestry pieces

And my internet is down again. Comcast is supposed to be out thursday, but given that they lied about coming out the last time and have thus far refused to look at my connection, I'm not hopeful. Damn monopoly. So I don't know if I'll make it friday or not; don't wait on me.

Did you talk to the lady near the ship that gives you 2 free bags? One is for ingredients (which is where you put the shards) and one is for collectibles.

EDIT: The forums are back up.

There's also a third free bag available for gems. Ingredients, Gems, and Collectibles all have different coloured bags (green, red, gold)

I talked tpo a lady at the bottom of the staircase/ladder to the Leajky Dinghy taver. She gave me 2 bags. Unfortunately Mr. or mRs. Drop-Axe isn't there anymore, meaning that I have kind of a "voucher" for the exclusive items in my inventory, but no-one left to redeem it (remember : this pirate hat thing).

I thgink I'll ask support for this. (The code for it was to be used until Oct. 15th, and I did so at the account site, but thought I could get it later in Stormreach since I had used the code.)

Well, anyway, I'll look around there within the next days. ;)

Besides : What do these greenish "symbols" mean in the floor of the ship ? Those when stanging before shrines and such ? (They look so if you ask a ship inhabitant to show them; otherwise they are not distinguishable from the floor.)

Those symbols are Hook points where we can place shrines and such. Don't forget to set your bags to Auto-gather.

I got it mixed up and you get the collectibles and gem bags from mari and you get the tiny ingredient bag from Felix d'Cannith in the Harbor or a couple other people else where. If you go to the Twelve you can get a free small ingredient bag from Jeanselme Brucetius.

The pirate hat turn in was part of the Crystal Cove event, which just ended a couple of weeks ago. You may have to wait untin the next event to get one.

Next event is the Mabar one, in Delera's Graveyard area. Lets just see if they ban anyone for participating like the first time.

Those symbols are Hook points where we can place shrines and such. Don't forget to set your bags to Auto-gather.

Thanks ! :)

I've got 3 bags now ! :)

And I already did it ! ;)

Another noob'as question ;) : I have seen in the "guild" screen of the menu that a guild can receive ... rewards ? They are displayed with green fint colour, and an open, tiny lock after the line ... "Unreached" rewards are displayed in/with grey font colour ... Now, my question is . What do these rewards mean ? Some of them are self-explanatory, no question, but the others ? Is there any list out there explaining them ?

Edit : Okay, I found a list now : http://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Level

First off…

BEWARE! I LIVE!

Internet is back, though having issues. If it doesn't clear up I'm calling and chewing someone out. Basically, it's on and off.

*edit* Internet is too screwed up, it took me a couple hours to get that bit posted due to going off and on, so don't expect me to be around tomorrow. Though I did just curse out a manager, and filed a complaint with the BBB. Next is FCC, if it will hold long enough.

Update 12 News:

Artificer Doggies now have two ap lines for changing alignment; one for good/evil, one for lawful/chaotic. One of which causes them to go after boxes when no enemies are around…

Conjured bolts now stack to 1000.

The pack involves the Challenge system previewed a few updates ago, and used in Crystal Cove. Each of the quests offers levels 4-20 a varying level of difficulty, letting the pack be playable by basically everyone.

Raid loot from Reaver's Fate and Ascension Chamber has been upgraded. Not sure about other raids.

Monk stances have new tool tips, and new !!FUN!!.
Code:
Monk capstone: +2wisdom, +10 concentration, passive Ki gen +1

Lesser Wind Stance: +2 DEX, 7.5% enhancement bonus to melee and thrown attackspeed, 2.5%chance to doublestrike with melee, -2 CON

Wind Stance: +2 DEX, 10% enhancement bonus to melee and thrown attackspeed, 5%chance to doublestrike with melee, -2 CON

Greater Wind Stance: +3 DEX, 12.5% enhancement bonus to melee and thrown attackspeed, 7.5%chance to doublestrike with melee, -2 CON

Ultimate Wind Stance: +4 DEX, 15% enhancement bonus to melee and thrown attackspeed, 10%chance to doublestrike with melee, -2 CON

Lesser Earth Stance: +2 CON, 5% Physical Damage Resistance, +1 insight bonus to Natural Armor, 25% Insight bonus to melee threat, -2DEX, -10% movement, On-Hit: +1 Ki

Earth Stance: +2 CON, 10% Physical Damage Resistance, +2 insight bonus to Natural Armor, 40% Insight bonus to melee threat, -2DEX, -10% movement, On-being-Hit: +1 Ki

Greater Earth Stance: +3 CON, 15% Physical Damage Resistance, +3 insight bonus to Natural Armor, 55% Insight bonus to melee threat, -2DEX, -10% movement, On-being-Hit: +1 Ki , Crit Multiplier increase of all weapons by 1 on a roll of 19 or 20.

Ultimate Earth Stance: +4 CON, 20% Physical Damage Resistance, +3 insight bonus to Natural Armor, 70% Insight bonus to melee threat, -2DEX, -10% movement, On-being-Hit: +1 Ki , Crit Multiplier increase of all weapons by 1 on a roll of 19 or 20.

Lesser Sun Stance: +2STR, -2WIS, On-hit +1 Ki, on-critical +2 Ki

Sun Stance: +2STR, -2WIS, On-hit +1 Ki, on-critical +3 Ki

Greater Sun Stance: +3STR, -2WIS, On-hit +1 Ki, on-critical +4 Ki

Ultimate Sun Stance: +4STR, -2WIS, On-hit +1 Ki, on-critical +5 Ki

Lesser Ocean Stance: +2 WIS, +2 Dodge bonus to Armor Class, +2 to all saving throws, -2 STR

Ocean Stance: +2 WIS, +3 Dodge bonus to Armor Class, +3 to all saving throws, -2 STR

Greater Ocean Stance: +3 WIS, +4 Dodge bonus to Armor Class, +4 to all saving throws, -2 STR, Passive Ki-Gen +1

Lesser Ocean Stance: +4 WIS, +5 Dodge bonus to Armor Class, +5 to all saving throws, -2 STR, Passive Ki-Gen +1

As you can see, Earth got the biggest upgrade, but Wind was restored to it's former use (pre-Doublestrike) as well as keeping the Doublestrike. Ocean is now the "Untouchable" stance, with AC and saves, but Fire remains where it is.

Ten Thousand Stars was upgraded into a Manyshot for Shuriken, and will work with bows if you have Zen archery. Elven Monk AA builds?

Not that it matters, but Epic scrolls can be traded 3 for 1 that you want. This will kill the scroll market, but otherwise have no effects.

DDOStore:

Code:
Character
Name Change

Name Change Parchment (Surname)
This magical parchment allows you to permanently change your character's surname. Once you have selected a new name and confirmed it, the name change is permanent and can only be reverted or changed by using another Name Change Parchment.
250 TP

Name Change Parchment (First Name)
This magical parchment allows you to permanently change your character's first name. Once you have selected a new name and confirmed it, the name change is permanent and can only be reverted or changed by using another Name Change Parchment.
550 TP

Pet Name Certificate
This magical parchment allows you to permanently change your pet's name. Once you have selected a new name and confirmed it, the name change is permanent and can only be reverted or changed by using another Pet Name Certificate.
350 TP

Shared Bank
Platinum Sharing

Freely deposit and withdraw your platinum at the bank! Platinum Sharing (free for VIPs) allows you to use the bank to share platinum between all of your characters on a given server and allows you to have up to 50,000 platinum deposited at a time. Platinum Sharing is an account wide upgrade.
195 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 1
ncreases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 50,000 to 100,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 2
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 100,000 to 250,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 3
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 250,000 to 500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 4
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 500,000 to 1,000,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 5
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Yes, we can now share plat between characters. Of course, you have to buy it.

Last edited:
Also the F2P players get to play the Challenge Pack by using tokens (5 per day) which work on 1 challenge which rotates daily. (Premium players get bonus tokens) The Cannith Challenge Pack can also be bought in the DDO Store to get no limitations and is included for free with VIP subscription. (Tokens can also be used for one time use items that you can get at the beginning of challenges)

No.

If you're F2P, you can try once per character per day, on a predetermined challenge.
If you're Premium and do NOT purchase the pack, you can try Five times per character per day, on a predetermined challenge.
If you're VIP, or Premium and purchase the pack, you have unlimited runs of any challenge.

Stolen from the DDO forums.

There's a line extender on down the road which is spiking on one of the channels, causing my modem to think there's an issue and reboot to try and fix the problem. I'm back, but may crash out during the game. So don't count on me being much help tomorrow.

Actually that is not true and in the release notes it says everyone gets 5 tokens which are used to either do a challenge (for F2P and Premium players) or used for one-time use items in the challenges. (everyone) Premium get and unspecified amount of extra tokens.

PS. You can read the notes at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=206066 .

PPS. KookieKobold says you get 5 attempts (which is one per token) at a challenge per day for F2P & Premium players at http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=346923 .

Back
Top Bottom