Nethergate - Windows Version Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spiderweb has released Nethergate: Resurrection for Windows and, as usual, there is a large demo to try out. Here's the blurb from the official site as a refresher:
At last, Spiderweb Software's classic adventure of treachery and battle in ancient times has returned! Travel back to ancient Britannia for a tale of cunning foes, vicious battles, and a race to rediscover the lost secrets of magic.
Nethergate: Resurrection is a huge, exciting, fantasy role-playing game, that features:​
  • Two different sides, the powerful Romans and the savage and cunning Celts. Each side has a completely different full-length adventure.
  • Enormous game world, with dozens of dungeons and many characters and quests.
  • Fascinating storyline. Fight for freedom, or further the glory of the Empire.
  • Lost secrets of magic! Dozens of spells and hundreds of hidden magical artifacts.
  • Innovative story and unique setting. Unlike any fantasy game you've ever played.
I had great fun with the beta, so do check it out if you like Spiderweb or indie CRPGs.​

More information.

I loved the Mac version and very much enjoyed getting in on the beta ... this was my 'most quiet' beta of one of Jeff's things yet - I never had a single problem.

Oddly enough, the Windows beta was the bumpiest I've done! Anyway, great game. It's a pity the backwards technology step will scare off some potential players but it really is fun when you get over it and get going.

Oddly enough, the Windows beta was the bumpiest I've done! Anyway, great game. It's a pity the backwards technology step will scare off some potential players but it really is fun when you get over it and get going.

I came in a bit later and as usual couldn't transfer my saves from the Mac and had to start again. That did help with the 'tech bump' issues I experienced as well but more to the point slowed me down so everything was being fixed before I got to the issues!

I'm excited about this one... I never played the original so it will be a new experience for me. I love Jeff's games... so I'm sure I will enjoy this one. I'll get it just as soon as I get off work today ;)

Now I have to finish Omega Syndrome so I can play Nethergate...

I like the settin g in this one, and since I haven't played any of his games, the technology doesn't scare me any more than in all his games. I am gonna give this one a try.

Glad to see it emerge from abandonware

I'm glad to see this 1996 game finally come to the PC after... Oh, wait... Nevermind.

I'm not sure I completely understand.

Irony because it's a "new" game that looks like something from 1996? If, so - *shrug*. Some people are lovin' Oblivion - good on them. A small group of players like the classic RPG experience Spiderweb provides - and we can't really find it elsewhere - so we enjoy Nethergate etc. And some players want classic RPGs and demand newer technology - sucks to be them, because it isn't going to happen very often.

The "fun aspect" is everything that counts for me.

Regardless of how it looks like or what it in general is - as long as it is fun (and I must stress that this is a very personal opinion to anyone), I'm going o buy it.

I really enjoyed this game. It is simple and fun. The controls are easy to use and the game is well designed.

Back
Top Bottom