Demonicon - Preview @ Pixel Perfect Gaming

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pixel Perfect Gaming posted a new preview of Demonicon.

The combat system in Demonicon is action-based, but it requires a little bit of finesse – button mashing will not be rewarded. Racking up a perfect combo chain will grant additional demonic bonuses that will allow your character to inflict more damage. The third-person camera shows the entire battlefield; there are no awkward camera angles to worry about.

The player can fully customize their character by choosing which skills, talents and weapons to use. Different weapons can have a dramatic affect on combat. Some weapons require more stamina than others, making combat that much harder. Heavier weapons like the sledgehammer require excessive amounts of stamina, eliminating the hacking/twitch-style method of gameplay seen in other games.

Additionally, the game includes an extensive crafting system where you can make items from alchemy and blacksmithing.

The decisions you make will shape your destiny in the world of Demonicon. And due to its morality system, there are multiple endings that add an enormous amount of replay value to the game. The main story alone for Demonicon is roughly around 30 to 35 hours of continuous gameplay, and this is not counting the additional side quests or the multiple endings.
More information.

Tactical combat as in the Witcher and Mars: War logs - good.

Character customisation - good.

Different weapon styles and weights - good.

Crafting and blacksmithing - good.

30 - 35 hours main story + more for side quests - good.

Choices and consequences - gimme gimme gimme!

I agree and we only have a few more weeks of waiting.:)

gimme gimme gimme!
Can anyone say something different than this? No? I thought so.

Alrik? He's a liar, I bet he'll get the game before anyone of us who preordered it do. ;)

You are making me want it :p

Damn! We need to wait two more weeks for this! ;-)

Has anyone heard about dual wielding weapons?

It sounds good in writing, but I'm not impressed by the video footage I've seen.

The combat looks like it's more akin to Diablo rather than something like Gothic or The Witcher. I'd obviously prefer something closer to the latter.

The other thing that bothers me is the camera. It's zoomed too far out for my taste. Rather than being a true third-person view, it looks more like a cross between third-person and isometric. I'm only judging that by the combat videos that I've seen so far, so hopefully we'll have control over that.

Looks pretty bad to me - like a poor mans witcher. I actually prefer button mashing in my action rpgs and I detest having having to time things like guitar hero - I can't do it.

edit: Actually I reread the preview and perhaps its not as bad as I thought - the sentence about it not being about twitch gaming sounds like it might be playable for me.

Yeah, but beware. A lot of us (like me) are biased due to TDE setting. :)

Can anyone say something different than this? No? I thought so.

Alrik? He's a liar, I bet he'll get the game before anyone of us who preordered it do. ;)

:lol:

Looks pretty bad to me - like a poor mans witcher. I actually prefer button mashing in my action rpgs and I detest having having to time things like guitar hero - I can't do it.

edit: Actually I reread the preview and perhaps its not as bad as I thought - the sentence about it not being about twitch gaming sounds like it might be playable for me.

Well, there is no party, this ain't turn based and the hack&slash looks like suffering from a copy-cat syndrome. Also idiotic. There is no fun physical feedback in combat, running looks like our hero swallowed a ten foot pole.. mEH!

Well, there is no party, this ain't turn based and the hack&slash looks like suffering from a copy-cat syndrome. Also idiotic. There is no fun physical feedback in combat, running looks like our hero swallowed a ten foot pole.. mEH!

And you learned this from the review version that you played earlier. Good then, I look forward to your review!

Just in case you are you overlooked this fact, the game engine is the Havok-vision engine, which is physics based.

And you learned this from the review version that you played earlier. Good then, I look forward to your review!

Just in case you are you overlooked this fact, the game engine is the Havok-vision engine, which is physics based.
Some people as I like to say don't read the link before posting. Just two more weeks to go I'm tired of playing the same games in my backlog.:)

Back
Top Bottom