The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I must say that I more and more understand this "junk problem", too.
Especially since I had chosen a Splinterskull Stafffrom my last Tangleroot Gorge run, which gives my char the ability to summon a creature. But - and this is the point - he needs smelly globules consisting of bat…stuff and sulpur for that. At least they are cheap. But they also take away inventory space.

Level 7 cleric hireling "Flower" (I aquired her help at the Kundarak's Guild merchants place) is able to summon an even bigger monster than I'm able to do now. I haven't seen all 4 of us in charge yet, but plan to do so today or tomorrow, when I'll finish up my second run-through in order to defeat the current Splinterskull chief.

Flower can also heal "critical wounds". She is … I think the best hireling I've found so far.

Apropos hireling : I recently summoned another hireling, I think he was a Drow, who entered my quest with the words … of something like … "let's hurry, I've got to finish 4 other dungeons today !"

Apart from all of this stuff I plan to buy a "Turbine Points" card within the next few weeks. I still find 20 euros a bit hefty, but I decided that this would be a good way to pay back the fun I had with this game, literally.

I find these Risian Games funny. I went ... skying ? jumping ? a few times. I found it rather sad that the Risian Games location in House Phiarlan wasn't visited that much - similar to the Festivult Jester in Jorasco or Deneith.

Now, Jack Frost (is he a bother of Jack o'Latern, maybe ?) spoke about Dragons invading "this overheated realm" or so, but where are they ?

My overall favour is now only 8 points away from ... finally bing allowed to officially meet and peak to a certain Drow Elder in the harbour ...

There is a Risian Game station in the harbor, on the island off the harbor down from Water Work, Cerelian (sp) Hills entrance. Hard to see til you swim out a little.

@ Dte, yes grab that spell……;) Honestly I was not having a good day, (week even) when I posted that but I do think we seem to be grating on each other…time to put the game back into perspective.

Big Top sounds like a good plan...and then hit a few House K is fine with me.

Thanks, I've already been there. ;)
I bought those ice-skates for the Risian Festival from the DDO shop, too. ;)
Now - hopefully - my char won't fall down flat on his back anymore … :lol:
Apart from that I decided to buy The Catacombs from the DDO shop as well - I felt as if I needed "new excitement". ;)
From "The Chamber Of Summoning" in Kundarak I got a 1 or 2 Ice Coins from battling fire mephits, too.

Catacombs isn't too bad; most of us have done it to death. One section in particular is a TEDIOUS BORE!! Beware of Dryden's Tomb!! :)

Thanks for the warning ! :)

Just to give people a heads-up: I'll be there next week, but then I'll miss the following 3 sessions as I'll be down cruising around NZ. I'll be there one week later, but away the week after that since I'll be up near the northern tip of the country. I hate missing 4 sessions, but there is just nothing I can do about it.

This is going to be a problem with us in the lower levels, and you being a generally slower player to level already. Whats more is we can't really switch to the second group, as JM only has Brialle at that level range; we are far too low to bring in her Arty.

Peter only has the 4 characters, two low, two capped, so running mid levels is out as well.

My concern is that we are at a low enough level that we can still advance very quickly... and 4 weeks off is enough time to put you 4-5 levels behind easily. Particularly once we start hitting Delera's Tomb, VoN, and Necro 2, all very good XP quest chains. While we can bank xp, the problem comes where we cannot bank anymore and have to take a level.

I realise the problem; I will be there for 1 week after the first 3 away. I'll make level 8 next week, so I'll be about 2 ranks into 8 while I'm away. I do have level 10 and 12 chars, but that would leave my Ranger out of everything till you all get back to level 8 in a future reincarnation. I don't have any good answers, but my timetable can't be changed.

The real issue is Peter; if he had an alternate in the mid levels like the rest of us, we could simply switch to Rachail, JM's arty, Shadoe, and whichever of CM's she wanted to run.

If Peter could run either of his two lowbies up to 12 quickly enough, then we could just run those characters. Otherwise we're going to have to run the level 20's. We can't let you get so far behind that you're too low level to do nothing more than tag along; that isn't fun at all, as I realized when running Fireflash at first, when we were hitting Red Fens and she was 6 compared to the group's 9.

I can't even get Trev to run my char; he'll be down in NZ with us on the cruise.

I could perhaps help out a bit since I level very slowly, too. ;)

Not sure whether it makes sense, though. I have no idea of how fast you want to level up - your "levelling schedule", so to say.

Another problem is the huge difference between AUS/NZ and EUR time zones.

We don't really have a leveling schedule, and you're always welcome to run with us; we've split the group before when running more than 6, and it's no problem to do so again. As far as leveling, those of use who can level faster usually hold, or bank, levels if we get too far ahead of the others.

The problem lies in the fact that Corwin won't be playing at all, and with 3 weeks it's quite possible we outlevel him by quite a bit in that time; enough to put him well behind and unable to contribute effectively in the same level quests as us. Either we run stuff at his level, over-powering it, or he runs stuff at our level, and struggles with it.

I propose we leave our second group with Corwin, so at least he will have someone to group with on off nights to try and catch up some. This leaves JM out in the cold so to speak, since she doesn't have a second, and shouldn't be expected to build one just to account for one irregular event in the usual time frame. Same with Peter creating another. 4 Paladins should be enough for him as it is.

An alternative is Peter farming out one of his characters to 12, which will push him into the mid levels with the rest of us and allow us to run those instead. Must simpler than anyone building a new character, which they don't necessarily want, and our main group of TRs can still run with Corwin's Ranger when he gets back from whale and pirate chasing.

If everyone still has a capped toon, we could run some epics.

A few additional musings :

- I meant I could perhaps help out when Corwin is back. Or something like that. Because he might be behind everyone else in terms of char levels.

- I finished the Catacombs today. I'll redo them at harder difficulties, to get more Silver Flame favour.

- Regarding the Silver Flame, I played today that "Purge the Heretics" quest given by one Inquisitor Gnomon at the Bogwater Tavern. Not THAT was a nasty learning lesson ! - A learning lesson in ethics and in morality, that is ...

- I was thinking of adding 1 or 2 classes of a magic-user to my Ranger. I'm not sure which one, though, and whether it makes much sense at all. It could help, I thought, because it would give more spell availabilities, and the use of scrolls etc. would be perhaps easier ...

- I think I'll start a new thread : Which class is better ? The Sorcerer or the Wizard ? Because I often have problems in telling the differences of both ...

- And another question I wonder about is in how far multiclassing really brings benefits ? I wonder because that's one of the points I never really understood about (A)D&D ... The only thing I understand about Multiclassing is, that the additional class gives the character the availability of talents which only this class has - if I understood this correctly ...

Unless you really know what you're doing (or have someone good guiding you, as I did when we put RhoGu together), multiclass is a recipe for disaster.

Two rules when Multi-classing:

1 - Have a plan from the start.

2 - Don't multi-class casters.

Divines can somewhat Multi, but they are more powerful pure. Especially Favored Souls; they lose a ton going one or two levels into another class. Clerics can more easily drop 2 levels, but they give up a good bit of power.

Wizard has great synergy with Rogue, but that's the main exception to the #2 rule. Even then, Wizards lose a lot of power by doing so.

Extremely experienced characters can make a Sorc melee build work (see Tukaw) but it's not something a new player should attempt.

Rangers are actually one of the friendliest classes to Multiclass, but still, you need to plan things out from the start. Otherwise, you quickly end up with an unplayable mess.

Back
Top Bottom