Bloom - Kickstarter Relaunched

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Studio Fawn has restarted their kickstarter for Bloom: Memories. Here is a new video with details about the game if you forgot, or simply never heard of the game before.

Bloom: Memories combines many classic game design elements into a gorgeous unique action adventure / rpg.

At its core, we are creating a game that moves away from the cliche of violence and domination. In fact, you can play the entire game without harming anyone or anything if you so choose.

Of course, we understand that there are different types of players, and we are dedicated to building a world that accounts for each of them in a rewarding way. Combat, stealth, story or collection … it is up to you to decide how you want to face the challenges ahead.

• Consider talking. The world is filled with strange creatures; sometimes taking a moment to talk to them can be well worth the time. Every now and then, as you consider how to kill the imposing monster standing before you. . . you might instead simply try and say hello.

• Use stealth and strategy to fool those who block your path. Careful planning may be a bit slower and generally safer . . . but of course, nothing is without risks. One misstep and you might find yourself in a very tricky situation.

• Grow stronger by feeding off those you defeat. This is an extremely challenging road, and one that will take you on a very different path as you slowly grow more powerful through taking the lives of others. In the end, you may find yourself with a great deal of strength. . .but at what cost?
Along with your choices also come consequences: Be violent…and the world will react more violently in return. Be kind, and the world may soften, revealing a more loving side.
More information.

Hmm the game's concept sounds intresting and I really like the visual style. :)

This is getting ridiculous. (third interesting game asking for crowdfunding in the space of a few days) ...

Oh alright I think I'll lift my self imposed spending ban and spare a tenner for this one just for the cool concept and great art direction... and for saying Loom and Thief in the space of a couple of paragraphs ;)

Not sure what to make of this, but their pitch is a bit better this time. It's a worry in these games, where you can play any way you like, that no one way will be satisfactory. The work involved in balancing the different approaches is likely to be much more onerous than if they had adopted some more focused game play style.

Gosh darnit, this is gorgeous… But again, seems too ambitious for 40k and 4 people.
Not really, considering, from what I understand, that so far they got where they are with no (external) money at all.

I hope they make it this time.

I threw a minimum bid at it, along with Mandate. If it work, great, if not…
Me 2.
But Bloom only. Not The Mandate. I won't support that one in a billion years nor will buy it and I believe everyone knows the reason although I didn't say anywhere. They can rot for all I care.

Me 2.
But Bloom only. Not The Mandate. I won't support that one in a billion years nor will buy it and I believe everyone knows the reason although I didn't say anywhere. They can rot for all I care.

for those not in the know, elaborate please, thanks in advance.

Me 2.

I haven't seen any mention of a mobile version or respawning aliens?

Last edited:
Okay some random search for a certain keyword:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1061216907&highlight=season#post1061216907

Yea, I know, I'm not helping to fund the best game ever just because of some irrelevant thing currently very popular. And I'm gonna regret it.

But in this state of mind, I would regret even more giving a single cent for that thing.

OT in a thread about about Bloom, but I think I see where you are coming from. You are objecting to the idea of a "season pass" which gives pledgers at the $40 level some additional content and the first expansion, should it be released. I see that a bit differently in that I think publishing models whereby developers can make sufficient money to iterate their games as being a good thing - that's how Paradox has made a success out of the niche grand strategy genre, for instance.

Back
Top Bottom