Morrowind Morrowind Mods

I'm playing the game again right now, and I'm loving it.... the sound of the silt strider in Seyda Neen echoing over the water while I watch the sun rise gives me a feeling of belonging no other game has ever managed to do. It's like home...

Words of wisdom, woman. Words of wisdom.

Despite only downloading the graphic changing mods (and the enchanted arrows - essential for a wood elf!), I have occassionally installed some of the Stronghold/Appartment Mods. Most of them only serve to give the player incredibly powerful items and/or teleportation, but some are quite balanced and can really add to your experience.

My favourite was a secret appartment in Balmora. It could be accessed through a trapdoor underneath the bed of one of the empty houses. It was just two small rooms (a study and bedroom) with one or two chests for storage. Any decoration had be bought or "acquired" by the player. To me it seemed a reasonable place for a rookie spy and I can highly recommend it to those not willing to wait for the moment you can construct your "official" stronghold. (unfortunately I cannot access the Mod sites here so I'll have to owe you all a link)

ps Don't you just get tired of sleeping on that junkie's smelly bed in Balmora?? ;)

I'm playing the game again right now, and I'm loving it.... the sound of the silt strider in Seyda Neen echoing over the water while I watch the sun rise gives me a feeling of belonging no other game has ever managed to do. It's like home...

Amen to that!

ps Don't you just get tired of sleeping on that junkie's smelly bed in Balmora?? ;)

No, I've modded myself a wonderful country cottage in Seyda Neen a long time ago. ;)
It has a large NOM compatible kitchen, a study with an alchemy sorter that magically moves ingredients into their own little jars, a sitting-room with a large open fireplace, a comfortable sofa in front of it with a tea set ready to be poured out, a dining area with a table with plate, knifes and forks ready for a candle lit dinner. Above the kitchen is a loft with several crates, trunks and chests for strorage and a practice dummy on which you can hone your skills.
Oh, and then there is the large cosy bedroom with an enormous four-poster bed and several wardrobes for all my clothes, and three guest bedrooms, and a nursery for the children from Emma's children mod.
Underneath the study is a vault with room to display weapons, and beyond that another room to display armor and clothing to mannequins. And there is a room with teleporters to the various Mage's Guilds, Mournhold and Solstheim.

The manors you get from the great Houses were never big enough for all my clothes, companions, pets and children, so I needed the room :blush:

No, I've modded myself a wonderful country cottage in Seyda Neen a long time ago. ;)
It has a large NOM compatible kitchen, a study with an alchemy sorter that magically moves ingredients into their own little jars, a sitting-room with a large open fireplace, a comfortable sofa in front of it with a tea set ready to be poured out, a dining area with a table with plate, knifes and forks ready for a candle lit dinner. Above the kitchen is a loft with several crates, trunks and chests for strorage and a practice dummy on which you can hone your skills.
Oh, and then there is the large cosy bedroom with an enormous four-poster bed and several wardrobes for all my clothes, and three guest bedrooms, and a nursery for the children from Emma's children mod.
Underneath the study is a vault with room to display weapons, and beyond that another room to display armor and clothing to mannequins. And there is a room with teleporters to the various Mage's Guilds, Mournhold and Solstheim.

The manors you get from the great Houses were never big enough for all my clothes, companions, pets and children, so I needed the room :blush:

Every now and then I encounter something that reminds me what I miss by reviewing so many tons of games across multiple platforms and thereby losing time to do stuff like this ...

While I did sleep in Caius Cosades' bed once in a while, I never *had* to... I always took on the Balmora Council Club mission before I delved headlong into the main quest. The Council Club remains my favorite city house to this day, just the perfect size for me.

Last edited:
While I've never gotten very far in Morrowind, I have to agree that the setting is extremely immersive and welcoming, feeling like a real place. I remember the first time I loaded it up and climbed to the deck of the boat at Seyda Neen and looked around. The sound effects are superb and I was wondering what that weird murmur/echo was and then I saw the silt strider and thought "what the hell is that?!".
In my recent attempt to get going in the game again, the sense of a world is incredibly well done. Which is good, because I've been going through the character building process way too many times!

reading such a positive, helpful, and sentimental Morrowind thread here really fills me with a sort of happiness today ='.'=

The manors you get from the great Houses were never big enough for all my clothes, companions, pets and children, so I needed the room

Pets and children?? Obviously I have missed a few mods since I last played MW! What kind of pets are we talking about here? Kwamma workers? Swamp rats? Labradors? :D

In my recent attempt to get going in the game again, the sense of a world is incredibly well done. Which is good, because I've been going through the character building process way too many times!

Same here...building a character always takes me ages simply because I know how endless this game is. I don't want to be circling level 15 and suddenly realize I don't enjoy playing this character or class anymore. Usually I just custom-build my class though.

Pets and children?? Obviously I have missed a few mods since I last played MW! What kind of pets are we talking about here? Kwamma workers? Swamp rats? Labradors? :D

For pets I use Emma's cats and the wolf companion:
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/cats.htm
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/wolf.htm

I sometimes use the pack guar as well:
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Packguar.htm

The Children mod is amazing. it adds babies, young children and teenagers to all cities and various houses. It also adds toys, children's books, lolly-pops and apples, even playgrounds!
The children play hopscotch and tag, the older ones practice archery and fight with wooden swords.

The woman who was in charge of the mod is a mother herself, and it is all tastefully done. You can give gifts to the children but they won't except anything from strangers, you have to befriend them first. And if you try to hurt them they'll recall to a safe location and you get a hefty price on your head.
For those of you who go: "Oh, but I want to be able to kill children":
The faces and voices of the children were supplied by the Morrowind modding community. They are our children's faces you are looking at. And most parents weren't happy with the idea of other people going around and killing them, so it was decided to have the children recall out instead.
Which is rather realistic... wish we could give our kids a recall amulet that sends them home IRL ;)

Anyway, here's the mod:
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/kids.htm

While you are on Emma's site, check out her companion mods. There are several romance mods, White Wolf of Lokken Mountain is a great high level quest and romance mod, and Constance is a fun companion similar to Mission from KOTOR and Neeshka from NWN2:
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/quests.htm

And if you don't like any of her companions, then there is always the romance mod, which allows you to romance, marry and have children with any NPC in the game you want:
http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=560629&hl=romance

Just look at it:
http://perso.orange.fr/TrueMorrowind/Screens/Romance/officiel/Bebe01.JPG
http://perso.orange.fr/TrueMorrowind/Screens/Romance/officiel/Bebe02.JPG
awwww...

Anyway, for me all these mods greatly enhance roleplay, and give my adventurers something to come home to. Nothing like coming home to family and loved ones after a day of tomb raiding, I always say :p
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5429/me221id.jpg

(oops, here I go again.... sorry for writing all these essays. I can't help it, Morrowind and it's mods has that effect on me :blush: )

I played with the kids mod once, but the playgrounds that it adds to every city is just awfully contemporary and ruined the realism and immersion of the game for me. So I uninstalled it again.
I would love to have kids in the game though, but just not those playgrounds.

I wish those kinda things (referring to the last post by Sorcha) would be implemented in a high quality CRPG officially by the developer. Would be so great.
And not in a shitty Fable-You-Can-Buy-A-Ring-For-A-Woman-In-A-Bar-And-Then-Get-A-House kinda way.

Words of wisdom, woman. Words of wisdom.
Zakhary, you are so my kinda person! There's just nothing like the souind of the silt strider in good old untouched up MW. Most people hate me if I say Oblivion's Chocolate box prettiness is shallow as compared to Morrowind's charming grittiness. MW is just my best game ever, I love that unique almost wistful feel to it. ( I rather enjoyed Fable though, it was a nice tongue-in-cheek mix; the cheering crowds just became simply too much when I got cheered by admiring fans after having an hour or two of "fun" in the brothel. The little hero actually blushed there....)

I also remember using one of the companion mods for a bit.

She could heal me, train in a few skills, fought alongside me and if I wanted to she'd stay at home. Came with a really nice house for the two of us too, lol.

Was mostly useful because of the house which was close to Vivec and I believe she made a certain number of potions a day. But the interaction was interesting as well.

But I forgot her name...guess she really didn't mean much after all :D

You guys are making me want to re-install MW :)

But I just:

- Started a new Wiz 8 game (5th time, always get sidetracked halfway through).
- Restarted NWN2 after the last patch (still at Chapter 1).
- Started Fallout 2 (bought the 2 pack 5 years ago, played 1 several times, loved it, started playing the sequel a few times but never got far).

And have a ton of unfinished DS, GBA, GC, PC emulated classics games!!
Not to mention a Dark Age Of Camelot addiction (for PvP of course)!!!

So do I have a hundred (or 2) hours to devote to Morrowind????

She could heal me, train in a few skills, fought alongside me and if I wanted to she'd stay at home. Came with a really nice house for the two of us too, lol.

Was mostly useful because of the house which was close to Vivec and I believe she made a certain number of potions a day. But the interaction was interesting as well.

You are talking about Laura Craft :D
http://lovkullen.net/Emma/laura.htm

A very well-written mod, the shopping trip in Vivec had me in stitches. I'll never submit my RL husband to similar shopping trips again :D

Laura and that children mod look pretty amazing!

The little orc chilluns are even kinda cute

orc2021.jpg

Yeah, I've also played with that mod. I had the bank mod too, so there were a bank next to the house. And people (kids?) trying to practice the bow just across the dirt road.

Hmmm... Aren't those more like "Total Conversions" :D
That stuff is way too much for me in any case.
Just two or three minor tweaks/enhancements thank you! :D

That's right! Laura Craft!!!

Dearest Laura,

I deeply reget things didn't work out between us...we COULD have had the best thing in the world but I'm just not man enough to deal with the many taunts from my friends because you can kick the crap out of me.

Well that and your constant nagging and potion making. I mean, potions are nice and all but how about taking care of me once in a while, you know getting me my slippers, a glass of wine, giving me a nice massage. Or how about you get OUT of the house some time so I can have a little Relayer time, you know So I can just chill?

Anyway, I met this great chic - she's not much of an alchemist but she's a great cook, does my laundry, keeps the place clean and polishes my blade :)

Best of luck to you.

:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom