Farcry 4

Yea, I know it uses the worst DRM possible, but I kinda got used on the uplay scandal running in the background with Anno2070 and HoMM6… Kinda, because it's still annoying, just not that much.

So even if you buy the game on Steam, you also have to run a uplay client in the background?

Why this game is in general non RPG?

Because it's not a rpg. The game is labeled officially as a first-person shooter, open world, action-adventure game.

See simple isn't it. ;) If only others would realize this also.

So even if you buy the game on Steam, you also have to run a uplay client in the background?

Yes. I dunno for what reason Ubisoft made DRM like that. I mean… Why the hell I have to be online when I play a singpleplayer game (there is MP component in Anno2070 and HoMM6, but I don't care for that).

Because it's not a rpg. The game is labeled officially as a first-person shooter, open world, action-adventure game.

See simple isn't it. ;) If only others would realize this also.

Who labeled it officially as those things?

To me, it's an RPG. It's got experience points and leveling up, skill trees, crafting, loot, quests (including side quests), etc. That's an RPG in my eyes.

I don't care what you call it though. It looks like a damn cool game. If the end result is fun then you can call it a Barbie Pony Friendship Simulator for all I care.

Guys, can I please have an answer?
Do mobs respawn endlessly without an option to stop it or not?
Please just don't make me buy it just to discover they do and then uninstall.

Man… I don't want TwoWorlds2 - there is no respawning in "strongholds", but still mobs (animals and whatnot) do respawn endlessly in plain fields and such areas.
If they did the same thing in Farcry3, I still don't want it.

Yes, I know, I should just shuddup because TES:S and FO3/:NV are just like that? No. Those games have quicktravel which allows me to avoid annoying endless grinding.

Man… I don't want TwoWorlds2 - there is no respawning in "strongholds", but still mobs (animals and whatnot) do respawn endlessly in plain fields and such areas.
If they did the same thing in Farcry3, I still don't want it.

Yes, I know, I should just shuddup because TES:S and FO3/:NV are just like that? No. Those games have quicktravel which allows me to avoid annoying endless grinding.

FC3 has quick travel :)

Now you're talking!
Sold.

Just because a game has re-spawning doesn't mean it automatically equates to "annoying endless grinding". Grinding is something you can choose to do in most games with re-spawns. I can't recall a game I've played that forced you to grind endlessly on re-spawning mobs.

Just because a game has re-spawning doesn't mean it automatically equates to "annoying endless grinding". Grinding is something you can choose to do in most games with re-spawns. I can't recall a game I've played that forced you to grind endlessly on re-spawning mobs.

Okay, they don't force you to do it endlessly. I tend to forget to insert the word "mobrespawn" when I'm describing it… Eventually you'll either finish the game or uninstall. But they still FORCE you. To some it's fun, to me it's worse than my ulcer. And I don't want to waste money on such games, sorry.

I don't mind some re-spawning but the re-spawning in FC2 was so ridiculous I finally just quit.

Too bad, because I enjoyed the game otherwise.

I just pre-ordered this one.

Who labeled it officially as those things?

To me, it's an RPG. It's got experience points and leveling up, skill trees, crafting, loot, quests (including side quests), etc. That's an RPG in my eyes.

I don't care what you call it though. It looks like a damn cool game. If the end result is fun then you can call it a Barbie Pony Friendship Simulator for all I care.

There are lots of hybrid action/RPG games these days, and this one seems to have more RPG-ness than some games that are actually labeled "RPG," but I think it's important to keep in mind the developers only set out to make a good first person action game.

I don't want to see another review on GameBanshee complaining that it doesn't have enough RPG elements (like their Dishonored review).

Honestly, I hope more people complain that there aren't enough RPG elements in these types of games. It would increase the likelihood of future games having more RPG elements, which would make me a happy man.

From the PC Gamer review: http://www.pcgamer.com/review/far-cry-3-review/

Far Cry 2 had outposts too, though they were smaller with fewer ways to approach. They were also the source of my biggest problem with that game: they repopulated. Far Cry 3’s solution to this problem is: they don’t. You can conquer the whole island, outpost by outpost, turning each into a rebel base with hunting and assassination missions to help secure the area. It’ll just take you a while, because it’s huge.

Wow, it's sounding very good. I hadn't taken much interest in this because the previews I'd glanced at made it look like an over scripted QTE-fest. But it sounds like there's a stack of things to do if the main story line gets boring.

I particularly like the news that some of my Far Cry 1 favs are back - rock throwing, tagging people with binocs, etc.

This is going to test my resolution of not to buy games full price anymore!

Back
Top Bottom